GDS Grading System
No. 17-16/2019 -GDS
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi – 110001
All Chief Postmasters General/ Postmasters General
General Manager (Operation) CEPT Mysuru/ CEPT Unit at
Subject : Computing of marks for engagement as GDS in light of the Grading System Introduced by the CBSE.
The undersigned is directed to refer to DG Posts’ letter No. 17-39/2012-GDS dated 08 Jan 2014 and 21.05.2019, wherein clarification on the computing of marks for engagement as GDS in light of the Grading System introduced by the CBSE was issued.
2. The Competent Authority has approved the following in supersession of all earlier instruction for selection of candidates applying for the same post of GDS, i.e. who either possess Marks, total Marks or Grading Point, the method of arriving at the total marks obtained in each of the three cases will be as follows:-
(a) For applicants with marks, the method will remain the same as is being done now 1.e. their total marks will be worked out by taking into account the marks obtained in the compulsory and elective/optional subjects (other than extra subjects, if any).
(b) For applicants having both Total Marks and Grading Point (i.e. mark list issued with total marks and grading point both), in such cases the method used will be as follows:-
“The candidate’s total marks will be worked out while ignoring the Grading Point; this methodology will ensure that candidate possessing higher marks will be selected.”
(c) For candidates having grades subject-wise, marks will be arrived for each subject (compulsory and elective subjects but not extra subjects), by applying the multiplying factor of 9.5 in the following manner:-
|Grade||Grade Point||Multiplication factor|
(e) This criterion will be adopted in all cases where the process of drawing the select panel is not complete.
3. The contents of this letter may be circulated to all concerned for strict compliance.
4. The above instructions will come into effect from the date of issue of this order.
5. Hindi version will follow.
Related to Your Search:
- GDS – Issue of clarification on computing of marks for engagement as GDS in light of the Grading System Introduced by the CBSE
- GDS – Deciding of position in merit of compartmental /supplementary examination passed 10th standard candidates in GDS online engagement process
- Scheme for engagement of a dependent of deceased GDS on compassionate grounds
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Talegaon requires the following part-time/ Contractual Teachers/Coaches purely on contractual/day to day need basis for the session 2018-19
- Clarification regarding ‘Own Merit Status’
- Revised eligibility criteria for engagement to GDS posts
- Selection Process for engagement to all approved categories of GDC Posts – Review thereof
- 1536 Assistant vacancies in New India Assurance – Recruitment 2014 of 1536 Assistant Posts 2014 – Last Date 10-11-2014
- Modifications in Civil Services Examination, 2013