GDS online engagement process
No. 17-02/2018 -GDS-Vol-l
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
New Delhi -110001
All Chief Postmasters General
The GM CEPT MysurwUnit at Hyderabad
Subject: Deciding of position in merit of compartmental/ supplementary examination passed 10th standard candidates in GDS online engagement process – reg.
I am directed to refer to CEPT Unit Hyderabad letter No. EDP/ CEPT/ Hyd/GDSRect./Cycle III/ dlgs/18-19 dated 27.07.2020 on the above-noted subject.
2. In this context, it is informed that the matter has been examined. The Competent Authority has approved the following:-
- (i) Total percentage of marks obtained by a candidate, irrespective of whether the candidate has passed the 10% standard in the first attempt or in compartmental/ supplementary examination, should be taken into account while calculating the merit list and drawing out a selection panel for each GDS post.
- (ii) CEPT Unit at Hyderabad will make necessary modifications to the existing GDS online engagement software immediately before declaration of results of 3rd Cycle of GDS online engagement process.
- (iii) The said modification in deciding of position in merit of compartmental/ supplementary passed 10% standard candidates will take effect from 3rd Cycle of GDS online engagement process.
3. I am therefore directed by the Competent Authority to request you to take action accordingly.
(Dr. Vincent Barla)
Related to Your Search:
- Computing of marks for engagement as GDS in light of the Grading System Introduced by the CBSE
- Revised draft notification for the Posts of Gramin Dak Sevaks cycle-II/2019-2020 and subsequent cycle
- GDS Revised eligibility criteria for engagement to Gramin Dak Sevaks posts
- Department of Posts – Provisional engagement of BPM / ABPM / Dak Sevak subject to pending verification of Character and antecedents / caste certificate / educational qualification etc
- GDS Conduct and Engagement Rules 2020 PDF
- Central Armed Police Forces (ACs) Examination 2011 – UPSC
- LDCE 2018 held from 5th to 8th July 2018
- Reservation for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities – Clarification with regard to the concept of own merit – DoPT
- Clarification regarding ‘Own Merit Status’