Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Compulsory Retirement of Government Employees
05 DEC 2019
As per the information/ data uploaded by the different Ministries /Departments/ Cadre Controlling Authorities (CCAs) on Probity Portal followed by the rectification requests made by some Ministries/ Departments/ CCAs, during the period from July, 2014 to October, 2019 (as on 25.11.2019), provisions of FR 56(j) have been invoked against a total number of 96 Group ‘A’ officers and 126 Group ‘B’ officers of different Ministries/ Departments.
Presently, there is no proposal in the Government to reduce age of retirement of Government employees below 60 years.
Re-employment of the Government servant has no bearing on the pension fixed at the time of his retirement on attaining the age of superannuation.
Department of Personnel & Training has been impressing upon all the Ministries/ Departments to convene the Departmental Promotion Committee (DPC) meetings at prescribed interval (by laying down a time schedule for the purpose) to draw panels which could be utilized for making promotion against the vacancies occurring during the course of a year. The Ministries/Departments have been further advised to initiate action to fill up the existing as well as anticipated vacancies well in advance of the expiry of the previous panel by collecting relevant documents like seniority list, Annual Performance Appraisal Report (APAR) etc. for placing before the DPCs so as to obviate the problem of delays in promotion.
The provisions under FR 56(j) also ensure to improve efficiency in Government.
This information was provided by the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North-Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr. Jitendra Singh in written reply to a question in RajyaSabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- REMOVAL UNDER FR56(J) similar Rules have been invoked against 171 Group-A Central Government officers
- Compulsory Retirement Under Section 56(J) of CCS (Pension) Rules
- Premature Retirement – Right to retired Government officials prematurely
- Number of Central Government Employees who retired during the last three years & appointed against the vacancies
- Vacancies in Central Government
- Retirement age of Central Government Group A officers may be raised to 62 years
- Promotional penalties for violation of reservation
- DoPT: Intimation of vacancies in Under Secretary Grade of CSS
- Voluntary Retirement Scheme for Central Government Employees