No proposal in the Government to fix the retirement age of Central Government employees as 60 years or 33 years of service
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC AFFAIRS
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO. 1234
TO BE ANSWERED ON 25th NOVEMBER, 2019
Question by SHRI LAVU SRI KRISHNA DEVARAYALU & ANSWER by MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF FINANCE SHRI ANURAG SINGH THAKUR
Will the Minister of FINANCE be pleased to state:
1. Question: whether it is true that the Economic Survey presented this year recommends an increase in retirement age for employees to 70 years;
Answer: The Economic Survey 2018-19 did not recommend an increase the retirement age for employees to 70 years. It merely highlighted the experience of other major countries.
2. Question: if so, the details of the recommendation along with its status;
Answer: Does not arise.
3. Question: whether it is true that the Ministry is planning to bring a new proposal of 33 years of service or 60 years whichever is less for Central Government employees instead of implementing the above recommendation; and
Answer: Presently, there is no proposal in the Government to fix the retirement age of Government employees as 60 years or 33 years of service, whichever is earlier.
4. Question: if so, the details thereof and the reasons therefor along with its status?
Answer: Does not arise
Related to Your Search:
- Retirement age to 62 for central government employees
- No Increase or Decrease the Age of Retirement of Central Government Employees
- Increase in retirement age 60 to 62-Rajya sabha Q&A
- Central Government employees who have put in 33 years service or attained the age of 60 years, whichever is earlier, shall retire on superannuation
- No proposal to change the age of superannuation of Central Government employees
- Retirement Age: No Proposal To Raise for Central Government Employees
- Raising the Retirement age of Soldiers below the rank of officers in Defence Forces
- 7th Central Pay Commission – Regularisation of Retirement Age?
- Age of superannuation of the Central Government Employees, Government’s briefing to the PTI