Clarification of the Definition of “Members of Family” in the context of Rule 4 regarding.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
North Block, New Delhi-110 001
Dated : 20th July, 2016
Subject : Clarification of the Definition of “Members of Family” in the context of Rule 4 regarding.
The undersigned is directed to say that as per rule 4 (1) of CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964, no Government servant shall use his position or influence directly or indirectly to secure employMent for any member of his family in any company or firm. Further, rule 4(3) reads as follows:
“No Government servant shall in the discharge of his official duties deal with any matter or give or sanction any contract to any company or firm or any other person if any member of his family is employed in that company or firm or under that person or if he or any member of his family is interested in such matter or contract in any other manner and the Government servant shall refer every such matter or contract to his official superior and the matter or contract shall thereafter be disposed of according to the instructions of the authority to whom the reference is made.”
2. As per rule 2 of the CCS (Conduct) Rules, 1964, the definition of “Members of Family” may differ from that given in the rule 2, sub clause (c) in the context of a rule. For removal of doubts it is clarified that in the context of rule 4(1) and 4(3) “Members of family” in relation to a Government servant include the wife or husband, son or daughter, parents, brothers or sisters or any person related to any of them by blood or marriage, whether they are dependent on the Government servant or not.
3. All Ministries/ Departments/ Offices are requested to bring the above guidelines to the notice of all Disciplinary Authorities under their control.
4. Hindi Version follows.
Related to Your Search:
- Married Women Employees can show their parents as her dependents for CGHS, LTC etc
- Restriction in conduct rules on investments by employees
- Definition of Government Servant
- Rule 18 of the CCS Conduct Rules, 1964- regarding standard forms for intimation/ permission under the rules and expenditure incurred on repairs or minor construction work in respect of immovable property
- Travelling Allowance claim by family of deceased Government Servants timelimt extended
- Dopt Clarification on Definition of a Dependent Family Member – Whether ‘married son’ can be considered for compassionate appointment?
- Clarificatory OM for payment of two family pensions on death attributable to Government Service of a re-employed pensioner
- Clarification on date upto which enhanced family pension payable
- Journey to Headquarters on LTC in respect of dependent family members of the Government servant