Unmarried permanently disabled and financially dependent sons to use CGHS facility
No. 4-24/96-C&P/ CGHS (P)/ EHS
Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Department of Health & Family Welfare EHS Section
Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi
Dated: the 1st January 2020
Subject: Eligibility of Permanently Disabled Son of a CGHS Beneficiary to avail CGHS facility.
In terms of the Office Memorandum of even number dated 07.05.2018, unmarried permanently disabled and financially dependent sons of CGHS beneficiary suffering 40% or more of one or more disabilities as specified in the O.M. will continue to avail CGHS facility even after attaining the age of 25 years. However, the son above the age of 25 years, in cases where disability has occurred after attaining the age of 25 years, is at present not considered as dependent for availing medical facilities under CGHS as per extant policy.
2. The matter has been engaging the attention of this Ministry for quite some past. It has now been decided that such son(s) above 25 years, in cases where the disability has occurred after attaining the age of 25 years can be considered as dependent for availing medical facilities under CGHS, subject to fulfillment of all other conditions as mentioned in the O.M. dated 07.05.2018.
3. This issues with the approval of Competent Authority.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Tel: 011-2306 1883
Related to Your Search:
- Unmarried disabled sons eligible for ECHS facilities even after attaining 25 years
- Eligibility of Permanently Disabled Unmarried Son of a CGHS Beneficiary to avail CGHS Facility
- ELIGIBILITY OF PERMANENTLY DISABLED UNMARRIED SON OF A ECHS BENEFICIARY TO AVAIL ECHS FACILITY
- Inclusion of names of the widowed/ divorced/ unmarried daughter/ parents/ permanently disabled children/ dependent disabled siblings in the PPO
- CGHS medical facilities reimbursement to Central Government pensioners
- Age Limit for Dependent Children of Government Servants for availing Medical Facilities under CGHS – ECHS Orders
- Issue of Dearness Relief Orders along with DA Orders and other points – Additional Points for SCOVA Meeting to be held on 03.02.2015
- Government Employees responsible for Deletion of the name of an ineligible Dependent
- Dearness Allowances: Issue taken as agenda by DPPW in the SCOVA meeting