Medical benefits to dependent parents of Central Government Employees
13 DEC 2019
For availing of medical facilities under Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS), parents are deemed to be dependent on the Central Government employee if they are normally residing with the employee and their monthly income from all sources including pension/ family pension does not exceed Rs. 9,000 plus the amount of Dearness Relief thereon. This condition of dependency is applicable to Pensioners of State Government(s) as well.
Regarding any scheme for providing medical facility to the dependent parents of employees of private sector, The Employees’ State Insurance (ESI) Act, 1948 read with ESI (Central) Rule, 1950 provides for medical benefits to the dependent parents of the Insured person i.e. an employee who works in a factory/ establishment having 10 or more workers & registered under the said Act and drawing salary less than Rs. 21,000 per month (Rs. 25,000 in case of persons with disability). Income limit for dependency of parents from all sources is Rs. 9,000 per month. The ESI Act is not applicable to Central Government employees and their dependents.
The Minister of State (Health and Family Welfare), Sh Ashwini Kumar Choubey stated this in a written reply in the Lok Sabha here today.
Related to Your Search:
- CGHS & CS(MA) Rules: Revision of dependent income limit subsequent to implementation of 7th CPC
- Married Women Employees can show their parents as her dependents for CGHS, LTC etc
- MoD seeks clarification on the dependency of family members in CGHS & CS(MA) Rules
- CGHS – Unmarried permanently disabled and financially dependent sons to use CGHS facility
- Government Employees responsible for Deletion of the name of an ineligible Dependent
- Grant of Family pension to dependent parents of deceased Armed Forces Personnel
- Deletion of the name of ineligible Dependent & Opting out of the CGHS Scheme
- CGHS medical facilities reimbursement to Central Government pensioners
- Age Limit for Dependent Children of Government Servants for availing Medical Facilities under CGHS – ECHS Orders