Centre Extends Retirement Benefits to all Central Govt Employees – Under the existing system the pension of the Government servants appointed on or after January 1, 2004 is regulated by the new Defined Contribution Pension System.
In a measure that would benefit thousands of Central government employees, the central government on Friday extended the Retirement Benefits and death gratuity to all, irrespective of the date on which they had entered government service.
Under the existing system the pension of the Government servants appointed on or after January 1, 2004 is regulated by the new Defined Contribution Pension System (known as National Pension System) whereas those who were in service earlier were covered under the Central Service (Pension) Rules, 1972.
According to a notification by the Department of Personnel, the issue of grant of gratuity in respect of government employees covered by the National Pension System has been under consideration and it has now been decided that they shall be eligible for Retirement Benefits, gratuity and Death gratuity’ on the same terms and conditions, as are applicable to other employees covered by the Central Service (Pension) Rules, 1972.
It said these orders will be applicable to those Central Civil Government employees ‘who joined Government service on or after January 1,2004 and are covered by the National Pension System and will take effect from the same date.’
Source: The Hindu
Related to Your Search:
- NPS – Extension of benefits of Retirement Gratuity and Death Gratuity to the employees of Autonomous Body/ Organisation covered under National Pension System
- NPS Employees shall eligible for benefit of Retirement gratuity and Death gratuity as per CCS (Pension) Rule,1972
- Benefit of gratuity in respect of Central Government Employees counting of service on joining new service covered under National Pension System (NPS)
- Extend the benefit of Gratuity to all NPS Employees
- Gratuity Pay under New Pension System
- A brief note of the Ministry of DOPT on New Pension Scheme – Retirement Benefits
- Retirement and death gratuity to Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan employees – Rajya Sabha Question & Answers
- Enhancement of ceiling of Payment of Gratuity to the NVS employees from Rs.10.00 lacs to Rs.20.00 lacs
- NPS: Extension of benefits of Retirement Gratuity and Death Gratuity to the Central Government employees covered by New Defined Contribution Pension System (National Pension System)