Central Government fails to implement 7th pay commission arrears on allowances
New Delhi: Despite all that has been said about the arrears on allowances under the 7th Pay Commission recommendations, an important issue for central government employees, which has now been notified on June 6 without arrears.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had claimed his commitment to implement the allowances after four months of the basic pay hike but it failed to come true.
More than 18 months have passed since the 7th pay commission report was submitted and 11 months have elapsed since the union cabinet approved the 7th Pay Commission recommendations for basic salary hike of central government employees, the centre now notified 7th pay commission allowances without arrears.
The government has given higher basic pay in August 2016 with arrears, effective from January 1, 2016 to its employees on the recommendations of the 7th pay commission but the increased allowances, which comes into effect from July 1, 2017.
The government used delaying tactics to save the government money to pay revised allowances without arrears. Hence the ‘Committee on Allowances’ headed by the Finance Secretary Ashok Lavasa was formed for examination allowances.
However. the government stuck with the 7th Pay Commission’s recommendations on allowances and gave nod accordingly but no recommendation of the ‘Committee on Allowances’ was approved.
The delay in the implementation of allowances is chiefly because of the financial gains of the government, while financial condition of the government is very sound.
The delayed implementation of allowances have saved the government nearly Rs 40,000 crore.
The non-payment of arrears on allowances has caused tremendous irritation and frustration among the central government employees.
Related to Your Search:
- 7th Pay Commission: Central government employees blame government for delay in higher allowances implementation
- 7th Pay Commission: Why government not to implement higher allowances?
- 7th Pay Commission: New allowances to come under income tax
- 7th pay commission: Government mulling over higher allowances without arrears
- Government is expected to announce higher allowances in March : Budget 2017
- 7th Pay Commission: Transport Allowance not to be hiked
- Finmin: Employees to get higher allowances with retrospective effect 7th Pay Commission
- 7th Pay Commission: How Jaitley saved Crores of Rupees this Financial year
- 7th Pay Commission: Central gov employees to get higher allowances from April 1, says FinMin