Central government employees to file assets details by December 31
New Delhi: All central government employees have to file the details of their assets and liabilities along with that of their spouses and dependent children as mandated under the Lokpal Act by December 31, the Lok Sabha was informed on Wednesday.
As per the rules notified under the Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act in July this year, every public servant who has filed declarations, information and annual returns of property under the provisions of the rules applicable to such public servants shall file the revised declarations as on August 1 to the competent authority on or before September 15.
The provision of the said rules has subsequently been amended by which the time limit for furnishing of such information or return by public servants has been extended till December 31, Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Jitendra Singh said in a written reply.
The declarations under the Lokpal Act are in addition to similar ones filed by the employees under various services rules.
All Group A, B and C employees are supposed to file a declaration under the new rules. There are about 26 lakh employees in these three categories, as per latest government data.
The Personnel Ministry has also issued new forms for filing these returns which have fields for mentioning details of cash in hand, bank deposits, investment in bonds, debentures, shares and units in companies or mutual funds, insurance policies, provident fund, personal loans and advance given to any person or entity, among others.
The employees need to declare motor vehicles, aircraft, yachts or ships, gold and silver jewellery and bullion possessed by them, their spouses and dependent children.
Related to Your Search:
- Government employees need not file asset details under Lokpal for now
- Central government employees asked to file Lokpal property returns after office hours, on holidays
- Declaration of assets filing of Returns by public servants on or before 15.4.2016
- Central Government Employees to declare family assets for three years by July
- Central Government Employees need not file asset details of Spouse and Children – Cabinet gives the nod
- Declaration of Assets and Liabilities by public servants on or before 31st December, 2016 – regarding
- Dopt orders on submission of Assets and Liabilities Declaration under Lokpal & Lokayuktas Act 2013 by Public Servants
- Clarification regarding formats to be used for filing property returns by CG Employees
- Revised Rules for Declaration of Assets by Public Servants Under Provisions of the Lokpal Act