The pension liability in respect of employees of Department of Telecommunications (DOT) / Department of Telecom Services (DTS) / Department of Telecom Operations (DTO) who retired prior to 01.10.2000 is solely borne by Government of India and the BSNL will have no liability in respect of these employees. In respect of employees who are absorbed in BSNL, the liability on account of pensionary benefits shall be fully borne by Government while BSNL will continue to discharge pension liability by way of pension contribution in accordance with FR-116 for the period they so work/worked.
The revision entails an estimated recurring annual expenditure of approximately Rs 129.63 crore for pensioners and Rs 24.93 crore for family pensioners and arrears from 2013-14 would be Rs 239.92 crore approximately for pensioners and Rs 44.62 Crore approximately for family pensioners. Approximately118500 pensioners all over India will be benefitted by this revision.
This revision will fulfill the long pending demand of revision of pension of BSNL absorbed employees who retired prior to 10.06.2013 and will bring the pensioners at par with the serving employees of BSNL by removing the anomalies. It will help in reducing the financial burden of BSNL and removing prospects of industrial unrest in BSNL while fulfilling the commitment of Government.
Background: The decision of the Cabinet has come in the wake of an anomalous situation created in the difference of pension formula among the BSNL retirees who retired before and after 10.06.2013. Further, the decision regarding pensionary liability is on persistent demand from various quarters and a series of deliberations at different levels to fulfill the assurance given by the Government before corporatization i.e. before formation of BSNL.
Related to Your Search:
- Disbursement of pensionary benefits to all the combined service pension optee absorbed employees of Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL)
- Merger of 50% DA with Pay and Pension for BSNL Employees and Pensioners
- Revision of pension of BSNL pensioners/ family pensioners, who retired prior to 10.06.2013 by allowing the benefit of merger of 50% DA/ DR with Basic Pay/ pension, effectively amounting to 78.2% DA/ DR for the purpose of fitment
- Revision of provisional pension sanctioned under Rule 69 of CCS(Pension)Rules,1972 in respect of Pre-2007 BSNL IDA pensioners: DOPT Order
- Cabinet approves modifications in the 7th CPC recommendations on pay and pensionary benefits
- Delay in pension revision allowing the benefit of merger of 50% DA/DR for BSNL Pensioners/Family Pensioners
- Pensionary benefits to the employees of BSNL and MTNL
- Implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission Revision of pension of pre-2016 retired medical officers
- Revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners / family pensioners in implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission Concordance tables