Biometric Attendance to be implemented soon
Soon all ministries and central departments will get biometric attendance system, which will be linked with Adhaar number of each employees.
Sources said that the entire project across all departments will be implemented by National Informatics Centre (NIC) and an order will be issued soon. Though at present, quite a few central offices have installed biometric attendance, the need to link it to Adhaar is being done to ensure that the employees cannot do any fraud to mark their attendance.
“This additional provision will ensure that the genuine employee is recording attendance while coming to office and when he clocks out,”said a government source.
Following recent surprise checks by two central ministers – Venkaiah Naidu and Prakash Javedekar – when they detected huge number of late comers, they had directed installation of biometric system so that there is proper record of when the employees reached office and when they left for the day.
Biometric attendance system is a foolproof technology to ensure the accuracy of attendance and is useful to big organizations and government entities. What makes a biometric time clock one of the best time and attendance systems is that it has a biometric fingerprint scanner built in that is much more accurate in time keeping that a time card or time sheets because employees can’t clock in other employees.
Source: Times of India
Related to Your Search:
- Biometric Attendance System-CGE Employees support or not?
- Central Government employees are marking their attendance in the Aadhar Enabled Biometric Attendance System
- Aadhaar Enabled Biometric Attendance System (AEBAS) – New attendance system for central government employees by month-end
- Biometric Attendance System – Are the Central Government Employees Supporting or Opposing It?
- Status of Aadhar Enabled Biometric Attendance System
- Aadhaar Biometric Attendance System – Central Government Employees Attendance Record to be Modernized
- Exemption to employees to mark biometric attendance in Aadhar Based Biometric Attendance System (AEBAS)
- Aadhaar details should not be used for personal reasons – Supreme Court
- Biometric attendance for 100,000 locopilots and 30,000 guards in trains