BIO-Metric ID for Industrial Workers by ESIC
The Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) issues two bio-metric Pehchan Cards under the IT Project ‘Panchdeep’ to the Insured Persons covered under the ESI Scheme. One card is for use of the Insured Person and another one for use by his family. The card has a unique ten-digit Insurance Number, name, date of birth, address and photograph of Insured Person and his family. The reverse side of the card contains a magnetic strip and ESI Corporation’s Hologram. The Insurance Number of the Insured Person is embedded in the magnetic strip.
The card contains only the Insured Person’s Number which is embedded in the magnetic strip. The remaining details are stored in the central database servers installed at the Data Centre in Rohini, Delhi and are updated from time to time. The Bio-metric card is used to access the central database containing all the data like family details, medical history of Insured Person and his family.
This information was given by Minister of Labour and Employment Shri Mallikarjun Kharge in reply to a written question in the Rajya Sabha today.
Employees State Insurance Corporation, ESIC, ESIC Hospitals, Pehchan Cards
Related to Your Search:
- ESIC Approves the Enhancement of Wage Ceiling from Present Rs. 15,000 per Month to Rs. 21,000
- ESIC Calendar and Diary 2018
- Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC): Renovation of various hospitals run by State Government under Employees’ State Insurance Scheme (ESIS)
- Karnataka Makes Aadhaar Card Compulsory for Medical Care
- Medical Identity Card Numbering and Colour Scheme & Generation of Uniform Medical I-Card
- PIB – Two New Facilities for ESIC Beneficiaries Launched
- Expansion of ESI Hospital Services
- Policy regarding uniformity in the Medical Identity Cards issued to employees and other beneficiaries on Indian Railways.
- ESIC: Recruitment of Around 5200 Various Posts in ESIC Under Way