Astronomical Expectations on OROP Once Again!
“Ever since news has surfaced that official announcement on the One Rank One Pension scheme will be made on August 15, expectations have started to soar again.”
There is a general feeling that time has come for the implementation of the One Rank One Pension scheme, which has been a long-time dream for more than 30 lakh ex-servicemen all over the country. But the readers might remember that expectations ran high once before too – on May 25, 2015. Everybody thought that Modi would make the announcement on the occasion of the first year celebrations of his coming to power at the centre. After attending the huge rally at Mathura, Modi uttered not even a word about OROP.
But, according to various sources, it looks as if the Government is giving serious thoughts about implementing the policy this time. Prime Minister Narendra Modi may announce implementation of very long delayed One Rank One Pension scheme on August 15 when India celebrates its 69th Independence Day.
It is worth noting that for more than 50 Days, the UFESM has been spiritedly conducting a relay fast protest at New Delhi’s Jantar Mantar. The retired armed forces personnel are preparing to take their agitations to the next level. They are planning to campaign against the BJP in the Bihar poll. If Modi fails to make any announcement on Independence Day, their protest is sure to take a new turn. But, media reports claim that it wouldn’t come to that.
After meeting the Minister of Finance yesterday, Lt General (retd) Raj Kadyan, who heads the Indian Ex-servicemen Movement, said that he has faith in the serious attempts being made by the current government. “After patiently hearing our demands, the Finance Minister said that we wouldn’t have to wait for months, but only for a few more days,” he said. There is a general belief that the minister had hinted at August 15.
Yesterday, a discussion was held with the ex-servicemen association at the Prime Minister’s Office. No landmark decisions were made, but the members had reportedly said that the Prime Minister will announce a positive decision on August 15.
In other words, nearly three-million ex-servicemen and war widows in the country are hopeful that the Prime Minister’s address to the nation on Independence Day will have some definite answers on the question of OROP.
Related to Your Search:
- Announcement on One Rank One Pension likely soon, says union minister
- Implementation of One Rank One Pension : Modi may declare on 15th August 2015
- OROP: Railway employees also demand One Rank One Pension
- OROP Scheme – VK Singh says the Centre is certainly committed to implement
- Good news soon on One Rank One Pension (OROP): Parrikar
- OROP continues to make headlines
- One Rank One Pension: Meeting of Military veterans with Parrikar inconclusive, threaten to go on hunger strike
- Ex-Servicemen welfare samiti submitted memorandum to implement OROP
- One Rank One Pension – Modi may announce Ex-servicemen’s long-pending demand later this month