Application of “Very Good” bench mark for grant of Financial upgradation under MACPS
Dated – 14.03.2018
Department of Personnel & Training
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pension
North Block, New Delhi – 110001
Sub:- Application of “Very Good” bench mark for grant of Financial upgradation under MACPS.
DOP&T vide OM No. 35034/3/2015-Estt (D) dated 28.09.2016 had clarified that with effect from 25.07.2016, for grant of financial upgradation under MACPS, the prescribed bench mark would be “Very Good” for all posts. It is also clarified that there is no question of allowing second opportunity of representation against APAR as these are already disclosed to the employees in APAR process.
Notwithstanding our demand for withdrawal of “Very Good” bench marking condition for MACPS, it is submitted as follows:
Since the earlier “Good” bench mark for MACPS was applicable upto 25.07.2016, the employee having “Good” grading in their APARs for the previous years before 25.07.2016 may not have had a reason to represent gradings given, as they met the then prescribed criteria of bench marking for MACPS. Now since the benchmark for MACPS has been raised to “Very Good”, there is justification to allow the employees having “Good” or below grading for a period of five years APAR grading immediately preceding the cut-off date ibid an opportunity to represent against the same.
Considering the above aspect, it is requested that employees who had been awarded “Good” or below grading in their previous five years APARs may be given an opportunity, as one time measure, to represent against the same.
In fact, Railway Board, Ministry of Railways had already granted such an opportunity to its employees as a one-time measure vide Railway Board letter No. E(NG)/1-2018/CR/2 dated 27.02.2018.
Awaiting favourable response.
& Member, Standing Committee
National Council JCM
Email: [email protected]
Related to Your Search:
- Application of “Very Good” bench mark for grant of Financial upgradation under MACPS
- Clarification on applicability of Very Good benchmark for financial upgradation under MACPS and consideration of Good benchmark for the previous years before 25.07.2016
- Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS) for the Central Government Civilian Employees – Implementation of the 7th CPC Recommendation Clarification regarding revised benchmark of “Very Good” of APAR grading
- Benchmark for financial upgradation under MACP clarification
- Benchmark for promotion to administrative grades in Railway Services
- Providing opportunity for submitting representation to the employees who have been awarded below “Very Good” Grading in their last three years’ APARs (for the purpose of MACPs)
- MACP guidance as per recommendations of the 7th CPC
- MACP Scheme in 7th CPC – Enhancement of benchmark from “Good” to “Very Good” : CAG Circular
- MACP – Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme for the Railways Employees