Amendment to the Rule 152 of General Financial Rule
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Procurement Policy Division
516, Lok Nayak Bhawan
New Delhi Dated :25th July, 2017
Subject: Amendment to the Rule 152 of General Financial Rule, 2017 -Reg.
The undersigned is directed to invite attention to the provisions of Rule 152 of GFRs, 2017 which inter-alia states that as per the Compulsory Enlistment Scheme of the Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance, it is compulsory for Indian agents, who desire to quote directly on behalf of their foreign principals, to get themselves enlisted with the Central Purchase Organization (eg.DGS&D). However, such enlistment is not equivalent to registration of suppliers as mentioned under Rule 150.
2. This department has received reference from Directorate General of Supplies & Disposals (DGS&D) to decentralize the activities of enlistment of Indian agent under Compulsory Enlistment Scheme as DGS&D is winding up by 31.10.2017. Hence, it is decided in consultation with major procuring Ministries/ Departments that the existing provision of Rule 152 at Chapter 6 of General Financial Rule, 2017 which deals with ‘Procurement of Goods and Services” shall be substituted by the provision indicated as under:
“Rule 152: Enlistment of Indian Agents: Ministries / Departments if they so require, may enlist Indian agents, who desire to quote directly on behalf of their foreign principals.”
3. This OM is also available on our website http: http://doe.gov.in -> Notification -> Circular –> Procurement Policy OM.
4. Hindi version of this OM will follow.
(Vinay k T.Likhar)
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Authority : www.doe.gov.in
Related to Your Search:
- DoE: Manual for procurement of Goods, 2017 and Manual for Procurement of Consultancy other Services, 2017
- Finmin Orders – ‘Facilitation Fee’ to be levied by authorised travel agents on air tickets booked on Government account- Reg
- Public Procurement (Preference to Make in India) Order, 2017
- Publishing of Tender Notices by all Central Government Ministries/ Departments/ Attached subordinate offices/ Field offices as per new GFR
- Procedure for booking of air-tickets on LTC- Clarification issued by Dopt
- ‘Facilitation Fee’ levied by authorised travel agents on air tickets booked on Government account — Withdrawal regarding.
- Clarification for booking of air-tickets on LTC – Dopt issued on 23.9.2015
- Clarification regarding purchase of Air Tickets from Authorized Travel Agents for the purpose of LTC – Dopt Orders June 2014
- Guidelines on Air Travel on Official Tours – Purchase of air ticket from authorized agent