Amendment in Maternity Benefit Act
The working women already on maternity leave are entitled to enhanced maternity leave subject to fulfillment of other conditions.
As per the Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Act, 2017, it has been made mandatory for the establishments employing 50 or more employees to provide crèche facility, either separately or along with common facilities within a prescribed distance.
This information was given by Shri Santosh Kumar Gangwar, Union Minister of State (I/C) for Labour and Employment in written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Maternity Benefit Act – Creche Facilities for Employees
- Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Act
- Maternity Benefits to the Women Employees – PIB
- Maternity Leave in Private Sector
- Scheme to partially reimburse employers for Maternity Benefits
- Clarification on Recently Notified Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Act,2017
- Introduction of Paternity Leave System ?
- Enhancement of Maternity Leave – Lok Sabha Q&A
- Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Bill, 2016 passed in the Parliament