Amendment of CCS Rules for Persons with Disabilities
The Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT) has issued a fresh set of Instructions to all Ministries/Departments granting relaxation in the Central Civil Services (Leave) Rules, 1972 for Disabled employees. In an Office Memorandum dated February 25, 2015, the DoPT has reiterated that the disabled employees will be entitled to pay, promotion and other service benefits even if they cannot be taken back to the post they were holding or are adjusted or kept waiting until a suitable vacancy arises.
The medical leave on account of disability will not be subject to ceiling under Rule 12 and any leave debited for the period after a Government servant is declared incapacitated shall be remitted back into his/her leave account.
The leave applied on medical certificate in connection with disability cannot also be refused or revoked without reference to a Medical Authority, whose advice shall be binding. Leave will also be granted even if the Government servant’s family member submits an application/medical certificate in case the employee is unable to do so on account of the disability.
The services of an employee can neither be terminated nor reduced in rank in case the employee has acquired a disability during his service. Any disabled employee who is not fit to return to duty shall be shifted to some other post. If that is not possible, the disabled employee shall be kept on a supernumerary post until a suitable post is available or he attains superannuation. Besides, no promotion shall be denied to a person simply on ground of his/her disability.
Related to Your Search:
- Amendment to Central Civil Service (Leave) Rules, 1972 – Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995 (PWD Act, 1995) – regarding
- Guidelines on leave and voluntary retirement of Railway Employees – Persons with Disabilities
- Request for Voluntary retirement from persons suffering from disability – Dopt Orders
- VRS from Persons With Disabilities – Supreme Court – Latest DoPT Order
- Leave to a Central Government servant who is unlikely to be fit to return to duty
- Maternity Leave (ML) for Railway Employees
- Three per cent quota in government service for the disabled is only for initial appointments not for Promotions-Madras High Court
- Types of Leave applicable to Central Government Employees as per Leave Rules
- Directorate of Estates Orders – Issue of Medical/disability certificate for allotment of Government accommodation – inclusion of AIIMS regarding