Admission of Poor Students in Kendriya Vidyalayas
Admissions in Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs) are decided on the basis of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) Admission Guidelines giving priority to wards of transferable Central Government employees. It does not have any income slab as criterion for deciding admissions. However, as per provisions of Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (RTE) Act, 2009 KVS already provides for reservation of 25% seats in class-I at entry stage to the children belonging to SC / ST / OBC non creamy layer / EWS / BPL and differently abled children taken together.
Keeping in view the needs of low income groups of the society, the Hon’ble Members of Parliament have been requested to recommend only those children whose parents have an annual income below Rs. 5 lakhs, for consideration for admission in the KVs under their special dispensation quota.
The above information given by the Minister of HRD Shri Upendra Kushwaha in Parliament on 10.04.2017.
Related to Your Search:
- MPs Quota for Admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas
- MPs Quota for Admission in KVs
- KV School: Admission in KV Schools through MP recommendations
- Concession in admission to Kendriya Vidyalayas in Kashmir migrants until further notice
- Admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas – Priority for Children of Central Government Employees
- New Scheme for Special Dispensation Admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas
- Reservation in Admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya details KVS Guidelines 2020-2021
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Schedule for the Session 2016-17
- No Scholarships in Kendriya Vidyalayas: Govt reply in Rajya Sabha