7th Pay Commission Recommendation for Physiotherapists. Central Government Employees – Lok Sabha Question
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE
STARRED QUESTION NO: 63
ANSWERED ON: 14.12.2018
Pay Commission Recommendation for Physiotherapists
AJAY (TENI) MISRA
Will the Minister of
HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE be pleased to state:-
Will the Minister of HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE be pleased to state:
(a) the steps taken by the Government to implement the Seventh Pay Commission recommendations for physiotherapists regarding cadre restructuring till date;
(b) the duties and responsibilities of physiotherapists employed at Safdarjung hospital, RML hospital, Kalawati Saran hospital, JIPMER and AIIMS;
(c) whether the physiotherapists at the above hospitals are being given Hospital Patient Care Allowance (HPCA); and
(d) if so, the details thereof and if not, the reasons therefor?
THE MINISTER OF HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE
(SHRI JAGAT PRAKASH NADDA)
(a) to (d) : A Statement is laid on the Table of the House.
STATEMENT REFERRED TO IN REPLY TO LOK SABHA
STARRED QUESTION NO.63* FOR 14TH DECEMBER, 2018
(a) As per decision of the Government on the recommendations of the 7th CPC notified vide Resolution dated 25.07.2016, necessary action on the recommendations of the 7th CPC pertaining to cadre restructuring of physiotherapists have already been taken up for implementation in some of the Central Government hospitals/institution.
(b) The duties and responsibilities of physiotherapists performed in Safdarjung hospital, RML hospital, Kalawati Saran hospital, Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry and All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi and six other new AIIMS located at Patna, Jodhpur, Bhubaneswar, Rishikesh, Bhopal, and Raipur broadly include the following:
- physiotherapists works with patients who have a range of conditions including Neuro-musculoskeletal, Geriatric, Post-surgical, ICU Patients, Pediatric, Cardiovascular and respiratory. They help to diagnose, assess and treat their physical problems
- treat in and out patients of Orthopedic, Neurological, Medical Surgery, Pediatrics and Gynecological, cardio-thoracic, respiratory & intensive care condition by means of electrotherapy, heat therapy, hydrotherapy, exercise therapy and massage
- provide physiotherapy care including exercise, hot packs, wax bath, short-wave-diathermy, ultrasonic therapy, cervical & lumbar traction, gait training, electrical stimulation & bed-side physiotherapy in ward as prescribed by the medical specialist, etc.
- administer and supervise students and junior physiotherapists and other support workers, who are involved in physical care of patients.
- participation in rehabilitation of patients
- co-ordinate and participate in training programmes related to physiotherapist
(c) & (d) As per the guidelines issued from time to time for grant of Hospital Patient Care Allowance (HPCA), HPCA is admissible to employees belonging to categories of Group ‘C’ and ‘D’ (non-ministerial) whose regular duties involve continuous and routine contacts with patients infected with communicable diseases or those who have to routinely handle, as their primary duty, infected materials, instruments and equipment which can spread infection.
Hospital Patient Care Allowance (HPCA) is not being given to Physiotherapists in Safdarjung, Dr. RML, Lady Hardinge Medical College and Associated Hospitals and AIIMS, New Delhi and six new AIIMS located at different parts of the country as the physiotherapists working in these hospitals/institutes are Group ‘A’ and ‘B’ category employees. In Kalawati Saran Children Hospital, the physiotherapist are not getting HPCA as these employees are in the pay scale of Group ‘B’ category.
However, JIPMER, Puducherry continues to give Patient Care Allowance to physiotherapists as per the directions of Hon’ble Apex Court. These directions were issued consequent upon re-classification of Group ‘C’ category posts to Group ‘B’ posts based on the replacement scale as there was no change in the duties and responsibilities of the post held by the incumbents.
Related to Your Search:
- 7th Pay Commission Recommendations Hospital patient Care Allowance/Patient Care Allowance Related to Risk and Hardship
- Revision of the rates of Hospital Patient Care Allowance (HPCA) and Patient Care Allowance (PCA) to Railway employees working in Railway Hospitals and Health Units/Clinics
- Hospital Care Allowance and Patient Care Allowance in Railways
- Constitution of Committee for Hospital Patient Care Allowance
- 7th Pay Commission Hospital Patient Care Allowance to Group ‘C’ &’D’ Railway employees working in Railway Hospitals
- Increase in the existing rates of Patient Care Allowance w.e.f. 01/01/2014 after 100% DA: Railway Board Order
- Non-payment of Hospital Patient Care Allowance/Patient Care Allowance (HPCA/PCA) to the Kitchen Staff working in the Railway Hospitals
- Health Ministry Orders : Doubling of existing rate of Payment of Hospital Patient Care Allowances / Patient Care Allowances
- Doubling of Hospital Patient Care Allowances / Patient Care Allowances to eligible Group ‘C’ and ‘D’ (Non-Ministerial) employees