7th Pay Commission: In 70 years, senior government officials salary hiked from Rs 2,000 to Rs 2.50 lakh
The 7th pay commission has recommended a 14.27% increase in the basic pay of government employees.
1. In the last 70 years, the government has announced 7 pay commissions.
2. In 1947, govt officials lowest salary was Rs 55 per month.
3. The 7th pay commission has recommended a hike of 14.27 pc in govt employees salary.
In the last 70 years, the Central government has announced seven central pay commissions. The 7th pay commission has recommended a 14.27 per cent increase in the basic pay of govt employees.
In 1947, after India’s Independence, the lowest salary of a central government employee was Rs 55 per month while the senior most officials took home a salary of Rs 2000 per month. After the 6th pay commission, the monthly salary of senior government officials rose to Rs 90,000 with the lowest salary being Rs 7000 per month.
Central Pay Commission’s previous recommendations:
Following was the salary slabs of government employees in different pay commissions:
The government employees’ salaries saw a significant rise with the 7th pay commission. Now, after the 14.27 per cent increase in basic salary, the lowest salary has been increased to Rs 18,000 from Rs 7,000 while the salary of senior government officials has gone up to Rs 2.50 lakh from Rs 90,000.
In the last 70 years, the Centre has increased the minimum salary of its employees from Rs 55 to Rs 18,000 per month – a hike of 32,727 per cent.
Whereas the salary of senior officials has seen a quantum jump of 12,500 per cent in the same period, from Rs 2,000 per month to Rs 2.50 lakh.
Related to Your Search:
- 7th Pay Commission: Worst in 70 years, only panel not to reduce 7th CPC pay gap
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet may clear higher increase tomorrow
- Secretaries panel on Pay Commission to double basic pay percentage
- Secretaries committee submits report on 7th Pay Commission, govt to soon announce it
- Cabinet approves 7th Pay Commission recommendations
- HIGHLIGHTS OF 7TH PAY COMMISSION RECOMMENDATIONS CLEARED BY GOVERNMENT
- 7th Pay Commission: Lower rank employees to get highest percentage salary hike
- Cabinet clears pay hike for 1 crore central government employees, pensioners
- 7th Pay Commission might be issued next week and the government employees will start receiving new pay cheques