7th Pay Commission: Central government employees to get salary hike from next month
New Delhi: The long wait for implementation of 7th Pay Commission recommendation will soon come to an end.
As per media reports, the new increased pay scale for all central government employees will be given from next month.
Meanwhile, the group of secretaries headed by Cabinet Secretary PK Sinha is all set to meet on June 11 to give final shape to the changes on 7th Pay Commission recommendation.
Government in January set up a high-powered panel headed by Cabinet Secretary P K Sinha to process the recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission which will have bearing on the remuneration of 47 lakh central government employees and 52 lakh pensioners.
The Empowered Committee of Secretaries will function as a Screening Committee to process the recommendations with regard to all relevant factors of the Commission in an expeditious detailed and holistic fashion.
The government had earlier stated that implementation of new pay scales recommended by the 7th Pay Commission is estimated to put an additional burden of Rs 1.02 lakh crore, or 0.7 percent of GDP, on the exchequer in 2016-17.
Related to Your Search:
- 7th Pay Commission – Empowered Committee Expected to Submit Report by This Week End
- 7th Pay Commission – Centre all set to Implement Recommendations – Notification most likely in June
- 7th Pay Commission: Report on allowances to be placed before secretaries panel next week
- 7th Pay Commission award to put extra burden of Rs 1.02 lakh crore in FY 16-17
- Secretaries committee submits report on 7th Pay Commission, govt to soon announce it
- Central Government approved to set up Empowered Committee to process the recommendations of 7th Pay Commission
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Minister’s reply on financial outgo and implementation Date
- 7CPC: Good news for government employees! Secretary Panel submits report; recommendations implementation soon
- 7th Pay Commission award, central government employees to get richer