7th Pay Commission Allowances related report submitted to Cabinet by Empowered Committee Secretaries
Highest HRA at 27% as against 30% demanded by Staff Side
As per Zee Business News report, Empowered Committee of Secretaries has presented its report on 7th Pay Commission Allowances to Cabinet for its approval. It is further reported that Cabinet is likely take crucial decision on this issue involving around 50 lakh Central Government Employees during next Week.
Earlier, the Lavasa Committee appointed by the Govt for examining the Allowances related recommendations of 7th Pay Commission submitted its report to Govt recently. Following the usual procedure of examination by Empowered Committee of Secretaries in the case of Financial decision to be taken by Cabinet, the report relating to 7th Pay Commission allowances was also examined by Empowered Committee.
The Empowered Committee of Secretaries (E-CoS) has submitted its report on higher allowances like House Rent Allowance (HRA), Dearness Allowance (DA) and Transport Allowance (TA) under 7th Pay Commission (7th CPC) to Union Cabinet, sources told Alok Priyadarshi of Zee News.
However, the demand of the central government employees that HRA of 10%, 20% and 30% on revised 7th CPC Pay based on classes of cities was not considered in favourably, reports Zee News. Instead, Empowered Committee have recommended highest HRA slab ranging between 25%-27% of the basic as against demand of 30%
7th Pay Commission has earlier recommended house rent allowance at the 24%, 16% and 8% of the 7th CPC revised Basic Pay for Class X, Class Y and Class Z cities respectively.
If the report of the Empowered Committee is acceptable to the Cabinet, it more likely that final decision on revision of 7th Pay Commission Allowances will be taken by Cabinet next week.
Related to Your Search:
- 7th Pay Commission: Report on allowances to be placed before secretaries panel next week
- 7th Pay Commission: E-CoS may take 2-3 Weeks to Screen the Allowance Committee Report on 7th CPC
- 7th Pay Commission Latest News – Two more Committee Meetings likely to happen soon
- Government gears up to notify 7th pay commission allowances hike
- 7th Pay Commission: Latest updates on higher allowance
- 7th Pay Commission: Suspense Over Higher Allowances
- 7th Pay Commission Allowances: Important Update Likely Tomorrow – NDTV News
- Government to take final call on allowances by June 1
- 7th Pay Commission: No scope to change in higher allowances