7th CPC Revision of Pay of Scientists of ICAR
INDIAN COUNCIL OF AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH
KRISH BHAWAN, NEW DELHI-110001
F. No. 1(4)/2017-Per.IV
Dated: March 27th, 2018
The Directors/Project Directors of ICAR Research Institutes/N RC s/Project Directorates/Bureaux
Subject :- Revision of Pay of Scientists of ICAR in light of scheme of revision of pay of teachers in Universities notified by MHRD vide notification dated 02.11.2017 following revision of pay scales of Central Government employees on recommendations of VIIth CPC.
I am directed to state that Indian Council of Agricultural Research (lCAR) has decided to revise the pay scales of Scientists in light of scheme of revision of pay of teachers in Universities notified by MHRD vide notification No.1-7/2015-U.II(l) dated 02.11.2017 following revision of pay scales of Central Government employees on the recommendations of the VIIth CPC. as accepted by the Government of India. The revised pay scales and other provisions are as under:
2. Revision of Pay Scales:
2.1 The revised pay scales shall be exactly similar to the revised pay scales given as per the M/o HRD letter dated 02.11.2017 strictly in accordance with the equation between the existing pay scales in case of ICAR Scientists and the pay scales applicable to teachers under the UGC framework immediately before 01.01.2016. and no deviation is allowed.
2.2 For fixation of pay of Scientists in the Pay Matrix as on 01.01.2016. the existing pay (Pay in the Pay Band plus RGP) in the pre-revised structure as on 31.12.2015 shall be multiplied by a factor of 2.57. The figure so arrived at is to be located in the Research Level corresponding to the Scientists” Pay Band and RGP in the new Pay Matrix (Annexure – I). If a Cell identical with the figure so arrived at is available in the appropriate Research Level. that Cell shall be the Revised Pay: otherwise the next higher Cell in that Research Level shall be the Revised Pay of the Scientist. If the figure arrived at in this manner is less than the first Cell in that Research Level. then the Pay shall be fixed at the first Cell of that Research Level.
If a situation arises whenever more than two stages are bunched together. one additional increment equal to 3% may be given for every two stages bunched. and pay fixed in the subsequent Cell in the Pay Matrix.
2.3 The revised pay scales are as under:
3. Implementation Date:
The date of implementation of the above revised pay shall be 1st January 2016.
4. Incentives for higher qualifications:
The incentive structure is built-in in the pay structure itself wherein those having M.Phil or PhD. degree or other higher qualifications will progress faster under CAS. Therefore. there shall be no incentives in the form of advance increments for obtaining the degrees of M.Phil or PhD or other higher qualifications.
5. Date of Increment:
5.1 The annual increments to each scientist would move up in the same Research Level. with a scientist moving from the existing Cell in the Research Level to the immediate next Cell in the same Research Level
5.2 There shall be two dates for grant of increments namely. 1st January and 1st July of every year. instead of existing date of 151 July. provided that a scientist shall be entitled to only one annual increment on either one of these two dates depending on the date of appointment or assessment promotion.
6. Fixation of Pay on Promotion:
When an individual gets a promotion. his/her new pay on promotion would be fixed in the Pay Matrix as follows:
On promotion. the scientist would be given a notional increment in his existing Research Level of Pay. by moving him/her to the next higher Cell at that level. The pay shown in this Cell would now be located in the new Research Level corresponding to the post to which he/she has been promoted. If a Cell identical with that pay is available in the new level, that Cell shall be the new pay; otherwise the next higher Cell in that level shall be the new pay of the scientist. If the pay arrived at in this manner is less than the first Cell in the new level. then the pay shall be fixed at the first Cell of that level.
7. Allowances for Scientists in ICAR:
As per Deptt. of Expenditure. Ministry of Finance ID Note No. 1(6)/E.III B/2017 dated 20.03.2018, revision of allowances including NPA shall not be made at present. and the same would be taken up for consideration only after allowances are revised by M/o HRD in case of teachers of Universities/Colleges under UGC framework. Therefore, all allowances will continue to be paid at the existing pay structure. as if. the pay had not been revised with effect from 01.01.2016.
8. Age of Superannuation:
The existing age of superannuation of ICAR scientist is 62 years and the same will continue.
9. 30% of the additional financial impact would be met by ICAR from its own resources.
10. An undertaking shall be taken from every employee to the effect that any excess payment made on account of incorrect fixation of pay in the revised Research Pay Level or grant of inappropriate Research Pay Level and Pay Cells or any other excess payment made shall be adjusted against the future payments due or otherwise to the beneficiary.
11. Appropriate action may be taken to revise the pay of the Scientists at the Institutes as per the terms and conditions laid down herein and in accordance with the instructions issued by Government of India from time to time and in consultation with the concerned Internal Finance Division/Unit.
This issues with the approval of Competent Authority after concurrence of Deptt. of Expenditure. Ministry of Finance vide ID Note No. l(6)/E.III B/2017 dated 20.03.2018.
Special Secretary, DARE &
Related to Your Search:
- ICAR Circular: Annual Performance Appraisal Report (APAR)
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation Methodology – Detailed report with 2 Illustrations
- 7th CPC Pay scales of Geo-Scientist Group ‘A’ and Scientist ‘B’ – Pay scales of JTS Entry Grade
- 7th CPC Pay Matrix for Teachers and Equivalent Cadres in Universities and Colleges
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation Tables: Promoted from Level 1 to 2
- 7th CPC Revised UGC pay scales to the Teachers, Civilian Academic Officers of NOA, Khadakwasla and ACC Wing, IMA, Dehradun
- 7th CPC Pay Matrix revised AICTE pay scales to the Civilian Professorial staff – MoD
- Government proposes raising retirement age of scientists from 60 to 65
- Amendment to GPF (Central Service) Rules 1960 – Notification