7th Pay Commission Benefits to Teachers and Academic Staff of Technical Institutes
Payment of Arrears (from 1.1.2016) on account of 7th CPC implementation
The government has approved a proposal to extend the 7th Central Pay Commission benefits to teachers and other academic staff of the state government and government-aided degree level technical institutes.
Shri Javadekar informed that the Government has approved proposal to extend the 7th CPC to the teachers and other academic staff of the State Govt. / Govt. aided degree level technical institutions in the country, which will have additional Central Government liability of Rs.1241.78 crore. He said that the Central Government will reimburse 50% of the total additional expenditure (from 1.1.2016 to 31.3.2019) to be incurred by these institutes for payment of arrears on account of 7th CPC implementation.
This will directly benefit a total of 29,264 teachers and other academic staff of State Government funded institutes. Besides, about 3.5 lakh teachers and other academic staff of private colleges/ institutions within the purview of AICTE will also benefit from the approval given today, he added.
This will have additional Central government liability of over 1240 crore rupees. The Centre will reimburse 50 per cent of the total additional expenditure from 1st January 2016 to 31st March this year to be incurred by these institutes for payment of arrears.
An official release said, the measure will directly benefit more than 29 thousand teachers and other academic staff of state government funded colleges and institutes.
Besides, about three-and-a-half lakh teachers and academic staff of private institutes under the AICTE will also benefit. Implementation of pay commission recommendation in State Government Aided / funded AICTE approved technical institutes will help them in attracting and retaining the faculty of high academic standards.
Related to Your Search:
- Cabinet approves revised pay scales of teachers and equivalent academic staff in Universities/Colleges & centrally funded technical institutions
- 7th CPC Arrears: 30% of Arrears for Non-Teaching Staff of Central Universities
- Revision of Allowances as per 7th CPC to University and College Teachers
- Seventh Pay Commission Pay Matrix Table for Teachers and other Academic Staff
- Retirement age 65 : Cabinet today approved the proposal to relax the condition of enhancement of age of superannuation of teachers to 65
- 6CPC: Payment of Arrears of the Sixth Pay Commission to the university and college teachers and equivalent cadres
- Revision of allowances of teachers, equivalent academic staff, Registrars, Finance Officers and Controller of Examination in Universities and colleges as per recommendations of 7th CPC
- 7th CPC Pay Matrix for Teachers and Equivalent Cadres in Universities and Colleges
- Retirement age 65 – Retirement age of Lecturers of NCERT to 65 years