7th CPC Pay Matrix Anomalies – Pay of officials drawing different Grade Pay (Higher and lower) are fixed at the same stage in revised pay
Agenda item No. 5 for the meeting of the National Anomaly committee sent to NC JCM by Confederation vide No. Ref: Confdn/JCM NC/Anomaly/2016-19 Dated – 03.07.2017
Item – 5 REMOVAL OF ANOMALIES IN PAY MATRIX – PAY OF OFFICIALS DRAWING DIFFERENT GRADE PAY (HIGHER AND LOWER) ARE FIXED AT THE SAME STAGE IN DIFFERENT PAY LEVEL OF 7TH CPC PAY MATRIX
The Pay of officials drawing different grade pay is fixed in the same stage in different pay level of 7th CPC Pay Matrix.
|Sl.||Pay||Grade Pay||Total||X 2.57||Level||Pay (in the Pay Matrix)|
The above table is depicting the pay fixation as per the Pay Matrix. The following anomalies may be noted.
(a) Revised Pay of an employee who has drawn 28300 (SL-I) higher basic pay in the pre-revised scale is fixed at the same stage (74300) than the employees who have drawn lower basic pay in the pre-revised scale (See SL-2, SL-3).
(b) Revised basic pay of an employee who had drawn 28470 (SL-4) higher basic pay in the pre-revised scale is fixed at the same stage 74300 than the employees who have drawn basic pay in the pre-revised scale (See SL-I, SL-2, SL-3)
(c) Revised basic pay of an employee whose revised basic comes to Rs.81238 (SL-5) in the revised scale is fixed at a stage (83300) equal to the employees whose revised basic comes to 81212 (See SL 7,8,9)
(d) Revised basic pay of employees drawing grade pay of 4200, 4600, 4800, 7600 (SL-6,7,8,9) are fixed at the same stages from index Serial 9 to 20 (44900 to 62200) of Level – 6 (4200 GP), Stages from Index serial 1 to 12 (44900 to 62200) in Level – 7 (4600 GP) and stages from Index-2 to 10 (49000 to 62200) of Level – 8 (GP – 4800) are one and the same in the feeder cadre and promoted level. As a result officials who are promoted from Level 6 to 7 and from – Level 7 to 8 are the losers as their pay on promotion will be fixed in the cell which would be equal to the amount in the lower level after addition of one increment.
(e) An employees who is drawing more pay in the pre-revised pay is being fixed less in the revised pay E.g: Revised Basic Pay drawing 21320 with GP 5400 will be fixed at 69000 on 01.01.2016 (Level 10) where as basic pay of an employee drawing 21300 with GP 5400 will be fixed at 69200 on 01.01.2016 (Level -9)
(f) Similarly when an employee drawing 4600 grade pay (Level-7) is promoted under MACP to 4800 grade pay (Level – 7) is promoted under MACP to 4800 grade pay (Level – 8) there is no change in his revised basic pay as per pay matrix.
Construction of pay matric is done in such a way that on promotion in most of the cases the fixation falls at the same stage (even though pay level is lower and higher).thus the benefit on promotion works out to be mere one increment i.e. 3%, which the employee can get even without promotion as annual increment. If minimum benefit of two increments is not ensured on promotion, that will act as disincentive to the employees for accepting promotion.
The above anomalies are to be rectified.
Related to Your Search:
- Flaws in Pay Matrix of 7th CPC: Less benefit on grant of Promotional Pay Scale i.r.o. Next Pay Scale
- 7th CPC Pay fixation of SCS/Non-SCS officers promoted to IAS subsequent
- 7th CPC Pay Fixation: Confederation seeks Clarification for Post 2016 Promotee/MACP and One time relaxation in excercise option for retrospectively Promotion/Upgradation
- Who are entitled to 7th Pay Commission additional Bunching increment ?
- Recommendations of the 7th Central pay Commission — bunching of stages in the revised pay structure under Central Civil Services (Revised pay) Rules, 2016
- 7th CPC Pension Calculation : OROP for the pensioners cannot be justified
- Babus looking for clarification on 7th CPC Bunching Benefit
- Pay fixation of SCS/Non-SCS officers promoted to IAS subsequent to the implementation of 7th CPC recommendations
- Pay Fixation on Promotion as per 7th CPC (RP) Rules – Confederation requests to exercise revised option as one-time measure