7th CPC HRA
Grant of House Rent Allowance to Central Government employees on basis of Census-2011
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 15th July, 2019
Subject:- Re-classification / Upgradation of Cities / Towns on the basis of Census-2011 for the purpose of grant of House Rent Allowance (HRA) to Central Government employees -reg.
Reference is invited to this Department’s OM No. 215/2014-E,II(B) dated 21.07.2015 relating to re-classification of cities/towns on the basis of Census-2011 for the purpose of grant of House Rent Allowance (HRA) to the Central Government employees. Orders with regard to grant of HRA on implementation of the recommendations of 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC) were subsequently issued vide OM No. 2/5/2017-E_II(B) dated 07.07.2017.
2. This Department is in receipt of references from a few Ministries/ Departments, seeking clarification with regard to continuation of special dispensation allowed in the past to cities/towns for grant of HRA at higher rates. In this context, it is clarified that any special dispensation allowed in the past to cities/towns for grant of HRA at higher rates, not specifically mentioned in aforesaid OMs No. 2/5/2014-E.11(B) dated 21.07.2015 and No. 2/5/2017-E.II(B) dated 07.072017 shall continue to apply, if the same has not been superseded/dispensed with or the existing classification of such city has not been revised to a higher classification on account of the population criteria, vide aforesaid OMs dated 21.07.2015 and 07.07.2017.
3. In so far as the persons serving in the Indian Audit and Accounts Department are concerned, these orders issue in consultation with the Comptroller & Auditor General of India.
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Revision of classification cities for the purpose of House Rent Allowance and Transport Allowance to Central Government employees
- Finance Ministry issued orders on upgradation of cities / towns on the basis of Census 2011 for the purpose of House Rent Allowance
- Revision of House Rent Allowance for CPSE employees on the basis of Census – 2011
- Demand to calculate House Rent Allowance based on Census 2011 should gain prominence..!
- Re-classification of Mathura-Vrindavan Municipal Corporation as ‘Y’ class city for the purpose of grant of House Rent Allowance (HRA)
- Based on the Census of 2011 HRA and TA increased for Central Government employees from April 2014
- Grant of Transport Allowance to Central Government employees: Finmin orders
- Classification of Cities for HRA as per 7th CPC – X Y Z Classification of Cities for HRA 2020
- Grant of HRA/Transport Allowance at enhanced rates to the Central Government employees as per Census 2011 – regarding.