Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
2nd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan,
Khan Market, New Delhi-11 0003
Dated the 6th February, 2015
Subject: Zone of consideration for inclusion in Select List of Section Officers’ Grade of CSS for the years 2012 against Seniority Quota – regarding
The undersigned is directed to convey the approval of the Competent authority for issue of zone of consideration for inclusion in Select List (Seniority Quota) of 2012 in the Section Officers’ Grade of CSS( as per the Annexure-I attached) which has since been drawn up on centralized basis. The zone has been prepared in terms of CSS Rules, 2009 read with CSS (preparation of Select Lists for the Section Officers’ and Assistants’ Grades) Regulations, 2013. The vacancies against which the officers have been included in the Select List relate to the period from 01 .07.2012 to 30.06.2013. The size of the Select List 2012 shall be as under:
2. One of the conditions as per CSS Rules, 2009 and regulations issued thereunder for inclusion in the Select List for a particular year is that the officer should have undergone and successfully completed such mandatory training programmes as may be prescribed by the Government. However, as many Assistants/Section Officers (adhoc) have not undergone/nominated for the mandatory training programme I.e. Level B till date, approval of the competent authority has been obtained for relaxation of this condition for Assistants belonging to Select List up-to 2002. Out of the remaining Officers, the following two officers, have exhausted all the available three nominations and not eligible for further nomination. They have, therefore , been excluded from the zone of promotion:
|S.No||Name of the officer||DOB||CSL No in AG||Cadre Unit|
|1||Subroto K Biswas||20-09-1959||2003/501||Cadre Avitation|
3. Additional zone of consideration in respect of 60 officers for inclusion in the Select List 2012 has been prepared in lieu of those who are in the zone of consideration but retired on Superannuation/expired/retired voluntarily and officers who were still on deputation within the same Select List Year 2012 etc. in terms of this Department’s a .M. No.22011/18/87-Estt(D) dated 09.04.1996 as per the details given below:
4. While every effort has been made to incorporate the correct details of the officials w.r.!. their date of birth, place of posting etc., in case any discrepancy is noted, the same may be intimated to this Department for rectification at the earliest, latest by 28-02-2015. If any of the official included in the zone has left the cadre unit prior to 01.07.2012 (Le. the crucial date for promotion) for the reasons other than as mentioned in the zone, the same may also be intimated.
5. The cadre unit authorities are requested to take immediate action for conducting DPC as per regulation 5 of CSS (preparation of Select Lists for the Section Officers’ and Assistants’ Grades) Regulations, 2013 in respect of
(i) all the officials included in the zone (including retired persons) (as per Annexure-I);
(ii) the officials covered in previous zones (upto Select List 2011) in whose cases ope recommendations have been kept in sealed cover on earlier occasions.
6. Ministries/Departments, where the officials approved for inclusion in the zone for SOSL-2012 and are currently posted as Section Officer on ad-hoc basis or as Assistant, are requested to notify the appointment of these officials as per Annexure-I to this a .M. to the grade of Section Officer on regular basis once they are found ‘FIT’ by the respective DPCs. In terms of Rule 2 (c) (iii) of CSS Rules, approved service in the grade of Section Officer will count from 1″ July 2012. However, in terms of DPC guidelines, promotions are effective from a prospective date and no notional fixation of pay from a date prior to the date of actual promotion will be allowed Notification for regular promotion should be issued subject to the following conditions:
(i) the official concerned is clear from vigilance angle in terms of this Department’s a.M. No .22034/4/2012-Estt.(D) dated 02.11 .2012 and other relevant instructions on the subject;
(ii) Successful completion of Level ‘S’ Training of the officer may again be got verified:
(iii) If an officer is undergoing penalty notification should not be issued for regular promotion and in such cases notification should be issued only after the currency of the penalty is over in terms of DoPT’s a .M. No.22034/5/2004-Estt.(D) dated 15.12.2004. Such cases should also be informed to this Department.
(iv) The officers, who were in service on crucial dates but had retired as AssistanUSection Officer (ad-hoc) subsequently on superannuation or otherwise, have also been considered for inclusion of their names in the aforesaid Select List of Section Officers in pursuance of this Department’s OM No. 22011/4/98-Estt. (D) dated 12.10.1998 to identify the correct zone of consideration for the relevant Select List. However, their appointment should not be notified as retired persons would not be available to for actual promotion from a prospective date.
7. Details of persons promoted and otherwise, may be intimated to this department in the prescribed proforma (Annexure-II) to enable further necessary action to issue Select List of Section Officers for the year 2012, latest by 28-02-2015 .
8. All those officials who are included in the Select List 2012 are retained in their respective cadres on their promotion within the sanctioned strength of the cadre in the SO’s grade except those who have been transferred under RTP. It is emphasized that in case of officers under transfer under RTP, the DPC shall be conducted by the Cadre Units they are transferred to. Such officers may be relieved immediately to join new cadre to avail benefits of regular promotion.
9. Some officers included in the zone of promotion for Select List of Section Officers’ Grade for the year/2012 (Seniority Quota) may be on deputation as on date. To avail the benefit of promotion, such officers have tvvo options:
(i) They may repatriate to their parent cadre; or
(ii) They may avail proforma promotion from the date of promotion of their immediate junior.
All Ministries/Departments are, therefore, requested to consider the requests for proforma promotion, if any, in terms of this Department’s OM No. 6/8/2009-Estt (Pay-II) dated 17th June, 2010 and issue necessary orders without referring the matter to this department.
10. Copy of notifications should invariably be endorsed to this Department for record.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Tele : 24629412
Encl: As above
1. Cadre authorities of CSS(DS/Director(Admn.)
2. General Secretary, CSS Section Officers’ Association, Mezzanine Floor, Sanchar
Shavan, New Delhi.
3. Director (CS-II)/US (CS.I-A)
Source: Government Order
Related to Your Search:
- Zone of Consideration for inclusion in Select List of Section Officers’ Grade of CSS for the years 2009/2010/2011 against Seniority Quota-Regarding.
- Fixation of ‘range of seniority‘ (zone of promotion) for promotion of Stenographers Grade ‘D’ to Personal Assistant (PA) Grade of CSSS for the Select List Year- 2011 – regarding.
- Select List 2003 (extended) UDC Grade of CSCS-reg.
- Nomination of Stenographers Grade ‘D’ / PA (ad-hoc) of CSSS for appointment to the Grade of Personal Assistants of CSSS for the Select List Year — 2010
- Zone of consideration for inclusion in the Select List of Sr. Secretariat Assistants of CSCS for the Select List 2015 against seniority quota
- Nomination of Steno Grade D/PA(Adhoc) of CSSS as PA of CSSS for SLY 2010 on regular basis under Zoning Scheme for SQ
- Fixation of range of seniority for promotion from PA to PS Grade of CSSS for Select List Year 2014
- Fixation of Range of Seniority for promotion from PA to PS Grade of CSSS Select list Year-2011-reg.
- Fixation of range of seniority for promotion from PA to PS Grade of CSSS-Select List Year 2013-extension-reg