Ministry of Railways
Ministry of Railways directs Zonal Railways to discontinue pasting reservation charts on train coaches for 6 months starting from 1st March, 2018.
16 FEB 2018
Ministry of Railways has directed Zonal Railways to discontinue pasting of reservation charts on the reserved coaches of all trains at all erstwhile A1, A & B category stations as a pilot project for 6 months starting from 1st March, 2018.
Physical/digital charts will continue to be displayed at the platform of the train. At those stations where electronic charts display plasma have been installed and the same are functioning properly, physical reservation charts at such platforms can be stopped.
Earlier, pasting of reservation charts on the reserved coaches of all trains was discontinued at New Delhi, Hazrat Nizamuddin, Mumbai Central, Chennai Central, Howrah and Sealdah Stations of Indian Railways on experimental basis for a period of 3 months.
Related to Your Search:
- Pasting of Reservation Charts on Train Coaches Discontinued?
- Advance Reservation Period for Booking Reserved Train Tickets increased from 60 days to 120 days from 1st april 2015
- Air Conditioned Coach developed for DEMU Train
- Ministry of Railways Decides to Introduce Tatkal Scheme in Passenger Trains
- Advance Reservation Period for Booking Reserved Train Tickets Increased From Existing 60 Days to 120 Days from 1st April 2015
- Reservation for SCs and STs in Allotment of Shops/Stalls at Railway Stations
- Numbers of Higher Class Train Travelers Increased
- Special Trains to Clear Holi Rush
- NFIR – Earmarking of reservation quota for women