Working Hours of KV Teachers – KVS Order
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan
18, Institutional Area,
Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg,
Date: 04th March 2014
Board Of Governors, Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan, in its 91st meeting held on 19th January, 2012 decided that working hours of teachers will be seven and half hours per day (45 hours per week) in line with the provisions of Right to Education Act., 2009. The additional one hour 20 minutes, after school hours was to be used for activities such as planning, preparation, evaluation, etc. This was to be done in the school itself.
In the 97th meeting of Board of Governors, Kendriya Vidyaiaya Sangathan, held on 27th February, 2014, the above decision has been reviewed and it has been decided that in line with the provisions of RTE Act, 2009, working hours of teachers will still remain 45 hours per week. However, additional one hour 20 minutes which the teachers are expected to devote in addition to school hours will be utilized for preparation and other follow up works. This time may be spent by the teachers preferably in the school. The work done during this additional one hour 20 minutes will be monitored by the Principal/Nice-Principal/HM.
The above arrangement comes into effect from the date of issue of this order.
Joint Commissioner (Acad)
Related to Your Search:
- Kendriya Vidyalayas set to switch to 5-day week for primary classes
- KVS clarified on the issue of 5 Days Week in KV Schools
- Railway school teachers working hours and holidays vacations
- JCM Meeting of KVS : Introduction of 5 days week in KVS
- Facilities to KVS Teacher & Employees
- KVS Order 2014: Shifting of KVS(RO), Ernakulam, Kerala to Thiruvannthpuram, Kerala
- Kendriya Vidyalayas: Remuneration to German language enhanced (Foreign Language Contractual Teachers engaged in Kendriya Vidyalayas)
- KVS Orders – Yoga teaching in Kendriya Vidyalayas
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) will function as Rashtriya Adarsh Vidyalaya Sangathan (RAVS) – KVS Orders