Women Personnel in CAPF
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Home Affairs
28-April-2015 16:27 IST
Women Personnel in CAPF
In compliance of recommendations given by Parliamentary Committee on Empowerment of Women in its sixth report, directions have been issued to all CAPFs to bring percentage of women in the forces to 5%. To enhance the strength of women in CAPFs, Government is taking continuous steps. Some of these steps are as follows:-
• In the ongoing recruitment of Constables/General Duty, out of total vacancies of 62390, 8533 (about 14%) are earmarked for women.
• Government has approved recruitment of 2772 Mahila personnel (21 Companies) during the year 2014-15 to 2017-18 in Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
• Government has approved raising of 02 Mahila (women) Battalions in place of 02 General Duty Battalions in Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) to be raised in the year 2015-16 and 2016-17.
There is no proposal to increase the percentage of women personnel in CAPF upto 33 percent.
Women personnel of General Duty cadre in CAPFs are deployed for performing combat duties like:-
(i) Gate management, Checking and Frisking
(ii) Patrolling duties
(iii) Interrogation and escorting of female apprehendees
(iv) Law & Order duties
(v) Static guard duties at some of vital installations and also deployed during Shri Amarnathji Yatra
(vi) Also deployed in Maoist affected states for anti-naxal operations
This was stated by the Minister of State for Home Affairs, Shri Kiren Rijiju in a written reply to a question by Shri Ramdas C.Tadas, Dr. P.Venugopal, Shri Keshav Prasad Maurya and Shri Narasimham Thota in the Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Reservation of Women personnel Central Para Military Forces, Force-wise strength
- Women in CAPF – Central Armed Police Forces – PIB
- Ex-servicemen status to retired personnel of the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF)
- Risk allowance to Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) personnel deployed in maoist strongholds – Not any proposal under consideration
- Facilities to CAPF Personnel
- Govt reply on CAPF’s demands regarding One Rank One Pension and Ex-Servicemen Status
- Government Recruitment: Over 11,000 women in central police forces
- Entitlement of air travel to all personnel of CAPFs – MHA
- One Rank One Pension (OROP) scheme from the retired/serving personnel of CAPF