Ministry of Home Affairs
Women in CAPF
Posted On: 02 FEB 2021
Force-wise and Rank-wise total number of women personnel is given below:-
Details of Women Strength of Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) & Assam Rifles
|Name of Force||Strength of Women personnel||Strength of Women personnel||Total|
In January 2016, it was decided to reserve 33% posts at the Constable level for being filled by women in CRPF & CISF to begin with and 14-15% posts at the Constable level in border guarding forces i.e. BSF, SSB & ITBP. Efforts made to promote recruitment of women personnel are given below:-
- 1. Recruitment is being conducted by making wide publicity through print/ electronic media. All-female candidates are exempted from payment of the application fee.
- 2. There are relaxations in Physical Standard Test (PST) and Physical Efficiency Test (PET) for all female candidates for recruitment in CAPFs in comparison to male candidates.
- 3. Facilities already available under the Central Government like Maternity Leave, Child Care Leave, are also applicable to CAPFs women personnel.
- 4. One female member is detailed as a member of the board for making recruitment of women personnel.
- 5. Creches and Day Care Centres have been provided by the CAPFs to facilitate women employees.
- 6. Committees have been constituted at all levels to check sexual harassment and to expeditiously deal with the complaints of women personnel.
- 7. Women personnel are given equal opportunity in their career progression i.e. promotion/ seniority as per the Recruitment Rules (RRs) at par with their male counterparts.
No special recruitment drive specifically for Women candidates is proposed.
This was stated by the Minister of State for Home Affairs, Shri Nityanand Rai in a written reply to question in the Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Total strength of Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs), force, rank and gender-wise
- Massive recruitment drive launched to fill more than 76,500 vacancies in CAPFs
- VRS (Voluntary Retirement Scheme) in BSF, CRPF, ITBP, SSB, CISF and AR
- Reservation of Women personnel Central Para Military Forces, Force-wise strength
- Ex-servicemen status to retired personnel of the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF)
- Women Personnel in CAPF
- 7th Pay Commission recommendations on Retirement Age of CRPF, BSF, ITBP and SSB. Enhancement of Age of Retirement from Existing 57 years to 60 Years of Age
- Government Recruitment: Over 11,000 women in central police forces
- Additional Incentives to women to join the para-military forces