Women employees demand two year leave for raising newborns
Like the central government, the female employees of the Tamil Nadu state government have requested the government to give them two years maternity leave to raise their newborns. The proposal was made during the International Women’s Day celebrations.
The International Women’s Day is celebrated all over the world to ensure the safety of women. Women must be treated as equals of men at workplace and in the society. Also, selective abortions of female foetuses, and killing of female babies must be stopped.
Women take care of the health of their entire family, but often neglect their own health. Due to lack of proper nutrition, many women suffer from malnutrition and anaemia. Women can be healthy only if they eat well-balanced food. Only then will they be able to give birth to healthy children.
The Tamil Nadu government must, like the Central Government, give two years maternity leave to its female employees so they can raise their newborns.
Related to Your Search:
- Women Employee needs Eight month maternity leave to be thought through
- Will the 7th CPC Extend Child Care Leave for Male Employees Too?
- Maternity leave is right of women employees, government even twins in first delivery: High court
- Central Government Approves Maternity Leave For Employees Opting For Surrogacy
- Women to get 26 weeks maternity leave, President nod to new law
- Maternity Leave increased to 270 Days for Women Employees – Tamilnadu Government issued orders
- National Minimum Guidelines for setting up and running creches under Maternity Benefit Act, 2017
- Maternity Leave for the female Gramin Dak Sevaks (Female GDS) in the Department of Posts
- Women in CAPF – Central Armed Police Forces – PIB