WI – FI Service Facility to Railway Passengers – Ministry of Railways
Wi-Fi facility with free access to rail passengers for first 30 minutes in a day is proposed to be provided at all A1 (75), A (332) and B(302) i.e. total 709 railways stations. For period after 30 minutes the service will be available on payment.
Initially the Wi-Fi service is proposed to be provided at 400 nos. of A1 and A category stations. For B category stations Request For Proposal (RFP) issued and date of opening is 23.12.2015.
Initially Wi-Fi project shall be undertaken in phases to cover all A1 and A category stations.
Non-Suburban stations with an annual passenger earning of more than ` 60 crores are categorised as A1 stations. Non-Suburban stations with an annual passenger earnings of ` 8 crores and upto ` 60 crores are categorised as A stations.
RailTel Corporation of India Limited (a Public Sector Undertaking of Ministry of Railways) has entered into a collaboration with M/s. Mahataa Information India Private Limited (an Indian Subsidiary of Google Inc.) for the present, no direct investment has been made so far. The proposed investment will come in the form of providing technology, design and equipments required for providing Wi-Fi service.
Work of providing of Wi-Fi service within the scope of the collaboration is in progress at 100 category A1 and A stations, after which work at balance 300 category A1 and A stations shall be taken up. For B category stations Request For Proposal (RFP) issued and date of opening is 23.12.2015
This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways Shri Manoj Sinha in a written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Wi-Fi Facility at Seven Railway Stations
- Safety and Security of Women Passengers in Railways
- Indian Railways announced on Tuesday an increase in ticket price across its network from 1 January 2020
- Wi fi internet connectivity in superfast trains
- Ministry Of Railways Decides To Post Station Directors at A1 Category Stations
- Minister of Railways introduced Wi-Fi services at Three More Railway Stations Patna, Ranchi & Visakhapatnam
- Railway Minister Announces increase in Rail Passenger Fares
- Provision of Rest rooms for Station staff at Wayside stations.
- Facility for Disabled and Senior Citizens on Trains and at Railway Stations