Wi-Fi Facility at Seven Railway Stations
Ministry of Railways
At present, the Wi-Fi facility has been provided at 7 Railway Stations namely Bengaluru, New Delhi, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Agra Cantt., Varanasi and Secunderabad. The internet access is provided free to the users for first 30 minutes. For usage beyond that, it is priced at Rs.25 for 30 minutes and Rs.35 for 1 Hour and is valid through 24 hours.
Such facility is proposed to be provided to all ‘A1’ & ‘A’ category stations (Total 75+332 = 407 stations).
This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways Shri Manoj Sinha in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- WI – FI Service Facility to Railway Passengers – Ministry of Railways
- Requirement of Escalators for Multi-Platform Railway Stations
- Minister of Railways introduced Wi-Fi services at Three More Railway Stations Patna, Ranchi & Visakhapatnam
- Change in timings for booking train tickets through internet – Railway Board Orders on 18.9.2015
- Reservation for SCs and STs in Allotment of Shops/Stalls at Railway Stations
- MTS to Offer Free Wi-Fi At Major Railway Stations in India
- 200 more railway stations to have Wi-Fi in 2017
- Railway budget 2015: Introduction of SMS Alert in advance the updated arrival/departure time of trains
- Provision of Rest rooms for Station staff at Wayside stations.