GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF LABOUR AND EMPLOYMENT
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO: 1351
ANSWERED ON: 25.11.2019
Medical Insurance to Pensioners of EPFO
Rajan Baburao Vichare
Will the Minister of
LABOUR AND EMPLOYMENT be pleased to state:-
(a)whether the Government proposes to provide the pensioners of Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) with Medical Insurance through the Employees’ State Insurance Corporation;
(b)if so, the details thereof; and
(c)if not, the reasons therefor?
MINISTER OF STATE (IC) FOR LABOUR AND EMPLOYMENT
(SHRI SANTOSH KUMAR GANGWAR)
(a) to (c): Yes, Sir. The Government proposes to extend medical benefits to Employees’ Pension Scheme (EPS) 1995 pensioners drawing minimum pension upto Rs. 1000/- per month under EPS, 1995 and residing in Delhi through a pilot scheme. However, no final decision has been taken.
Related to Your Search:
- Government proposes to increase the minimum pension for EPF pensioners?
- Government proposes to revise the pension laws implemented in the year 1995
- Employees Pension Scheme (EPS), 1995, a minimum pension of Rs. 1,000/- per month has been prescribed with effect from 01.09.2014 for the pensioners under Employees Pension Scheme (EPS), 1995.
- Maternity Benefits to the Women Employees – PIB
- 30,85,205 Persons Enrolled in Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Maandhan PM-SYM as on July 10, 2019
- New policy for pension holders
- Pension Hike Latest News: Minimum monthly pension of Rs. 3000 after attaining the age of 60 years
- Scheme to partially reimburse employers for Maternity Benefits
- Pension: Enhancement of EPF pension