Verification of qualifying service after 18 years service and 5 years before retirement
G.I., Dept. of Per. & Trg., O.M.No.1/19/2013-P&PW(E), dated 16-9-2015
Sub: Verification of qualifying service after 18 years service and 5 years before retirement.
It has been observed by this Department that processing of pension cases of the employees retiring from the government service quite often get delayed on account of the issues relating to verification of service from time to time by the concerned authorities during the service of the concerned employee. Although detailed instructions regarding verification of service have been issued by Department of Personnel & Training and by this Department, these instructions are not meticulously adhered to resulting in delay in sanctioning of retirement benefit of the employees.
2. Rule 32 of the CCS (Pension) rules, which existed prior to December, 2012 provided for issuing of a certificate in Form 24 by the Head of Office in consultation with by the Account Officer regarding completion of qualifying service of 25 years. These rules have been amended subsequently and as per the existing provisions, a certificate regarding qualifying service is required to be issued by the HOO after completion of 18 years of service and again 5 years before the date of retirement of an employee. Rule further provide that verification done under that rule shall be treated as final and shall not be reopened except when necessitated by a subsequent – change in the rules and orders governing the conditions under which the service qualifies for pension.
3. It has been noticed that the certificates regarding qualifying service are not invariably issued to the government servant as required under the rules. All Ministries/Departments etc. are therefore requested to bring these provisions to the notice of Heads of Offices and PAOs for strict compliance. Non-compliance of this statutory requirements may be viewed seriously.
4. In order to review status regarding compliance of these rules, all Ministries/Departments are requested that the information may be collected from all establishments / office under them and the same may be compiled and sent to this Department by 15th October, 2015 in the enclosed proforma.
Related to Your Search:
- Verification of qualifying service after 18 years service and 5 years service before retirement
- Government pulls up ministries on pension delay issue, sets October 15 deadline for report
- Compulsory Retirement Pension
- Non-payment / Delay in payment of retirement benefits on account of delay in verification of caste certificate in respect of retiring employees
- Grant of Invalid Pension under Rule 38 of the Central Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1972
- Service Book – Simplification of procedure for verification of service — adherence to the revised format
- Gratuity Pay under New Pension System
- Non-payment or delay in payment of retirement benefits on account of delay in verification of Caste Certificate in respect of retiring employees
- Jammu & Kashmir – Civil Services Regulations : Amendment