Vacant Posts in Central Government for different Categories
Category-wise data on vacant posts is not maintained centrally.
As per the data received from 79 Ministries/Departments for the year 2014-2015, 18822 employees (8.56%) were recruited from Minority Communities in Government services and PSUs.
As per the data received from 44 Ministries/Departments for the year 2015-2016, 2851 employees (7.5%) were recruited from Minority Communities in Government services and PSUs.
As per information available on the URL www.rrcps.nic.in, in respect of 74, 69 and 50 Ministries/Departments for the years 2013, 2014 and 2015 respectively, the representation of SC, ST and OBC categories in the appointments made through Direct Recruitment is as following:-
Representation of SCs, STs and OBCs in the appointment made through
|Calendar Year||2013 (74 Ministries)||2014 (69 Ministries)||2015 (50 Ministries)|
|SCs||26908 (17.72%)||21366 (16.92%)||2556 (16.09%)|
|STs||13766 (09.06%)||10692 (08.46%)||1176 (07.40%)|
|OBCs||52254 (34.41%)||40019 (31.69%)||4704 (29.62%)|
|Others||58913 (38.79%)||54184 (42.91%)||7441 (46.86%)|
The posts sanctioned in Government Ministries/ Departments are required to be filled as per the Recruitment Rules as and when vacancies arise. The filling up of posts is a continuous process depending on the vacancies arising across Ministries/Departments during the years and action calendars of the recruitment agencies. In this regards all Ministries/Departments have been requested to take advance action for reporting vacancy position with respect to Direct Recruitment Posts to recruitment agencies such as Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) and Staff Selection Commission (SSC) etc. Further all Ministries/ Department have also been requested for timely convening of the Departmental Promotion Committee meeting for filling up of promotional posts.
This was stated by the Minister of State in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions and Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office Dr. Jitendra Singh in a written reply to a question by Shri Nalin Kumar Kateel in the Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Group wise representation of Other Backward Classes (OBC) in Central Government Services as on 1.1.2011
- Vacant Posts in PSUs
- Central Government Departments / Ministries – Reservation Policy
- Backlog reserved vacancies for SCs, STs and OBCs with ten Ministries and Departments
- Streamlining the procedure for collecting on-line data/information — Notice of the meeting
- Representation of OBCs in the Central Government Services
- Trial run of filling up of data about representation of SCs,STs and OBCs and Persons with Disabilities in Central Government Services
- Filling up of vacant posts in Central Government Ministries / Department – Latest DoPT Orders 2020
- Hiring of staff in Government service