Vacancies in Central Government
Centralized data regarding employees who retired/resigned during last three years is not maintained.
Vacancies caused due to retirement, death, promotion etc. are required to be filled following provisions of recruitment rules for the post. The number of direct recruitments made by Staff Selection Commission and Union Public Service Commission for the last three years is as per table below:
|YEAR||NUMBER OF CANDIDATES RECOMMENDED BY UPSC||NUMBER OF CANDIDATES RECOMMENDED BY SSC|
|RECRUITMENT BY EXAMINATION||DIRECT RECRUITMENT BY SELECTION||ALL INDIA COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION||SELECTION POSTS|
As per the available information, provisions under FR 56(j) and similar provisions under service rules have been invoked/recommended in case of 53 Group ‘A’ officers and 123 Group ‘B’ officers of Central Civil Services, during the period from 1stJuly 2014 till 31stOctober 2017.
As per the Annual Report on Pay and Allowances of Central Government Civilian Employees,the number of vacant posts in position in various Ministries/Departments is 4,12,752 out of total sanctioned strength of 36,33,935 as on 01.03.2016.
This was stated by the Minister of State in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions and Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office, Dr. Jitendra Singh in a written reply to a question by Shri Manshankar Ninama, Shri Harish Meena and Dr. Boora Narsaiah Goud in the Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Number of Central Government Employees who retired during the last three years & appointed against the vacancies
- Massive recruitment drive launched to fill more than 76,500 vacancies in CAPFs
- Government Jobs: Details of vacancy position in Government Departments
- Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandants) Examination, 2016 – Final Result declared
- Special Recruitment through SSC, Ministry of Railways and Department of Posts
- Central Government Departments / Ministries – Reservation Policy
- Representation of Minority Communities in Central Government Services – Departmentwise details
- Ex-servicemen (Re-employment in Central Civil Services and Posts) Amendment Rules, 2012-Clarification
- Filling up of vacancies of Sr.SO(A/cs) Sr.ISA and Sr.TIA Grade Rs.9300-34800/ Grade Pay Rs.4800/-through direct recruitment.