Utilization of funds for differently abled persons
The Minister of State (I/C) for Youth Affairs and Sports Shri Vijay Goel said in the Rajya Sabha today that a new Scheme called “Khelo India – National Programme for Development of Sports”, is being implemented by this Ministry as a Central Sector Scheme from the financial year 2016-17. The scheme includes a provision for sports and games for the disabled, which provides for assistance to schools with differently abled children to engage coaches, procure sport equipment, hold community coaching training camps, etc. The Scheme for Promotion of Sports for Disabled was continuing Scheme during 2016-17. The Scheme is now being merged with the revamped Khelo India Scheme during the year 2017-18.
In a written reply he said, an amount of Rs.22.50 lakh was released to Special Olympic Bharat (SOB), Nodal Agency for training for Community Coaches Training (CCT) during the financial year 2015-16 under the Scheme for Promotion of Sports for Disabled.
Department of Sports is setting up a ‘Centre of Excellence’ International Centre for differently abled persons at Gandhinagar, Gujarat. In this regard, Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities has sanctioned 20 crore out of which Rs.10 crore has been released in this year. Moreover, Department of Sports through National Sports Development Fund (NSDF) has released Rs.1.12 crore in this regard for preliminary expenditure towards construction of compound wall etc.
Related to Your Search:
- Promotion of Sports among Female Students
- Posting of Government employees who have differently abled dependents – Dopt Orders on 5.1.2016
- 3% reservation for differently-abled persons be given in all category of government jobs: Supreme Court
- Promotion of sports among disabled persons
- Schemes for development of sports
- 100 government websites differently-abled friendly soon
- Reservation to Disabled Persons
- Government Providing Facilities for sportspersons
- Dopt Orders on Posting of Government employees who have differently abled dependents