Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 7th October, 2016
Subject:- Uploading of RTI replies on the respective websites of Ministries / Departments
Attention is invited to para 1.4.1. of the enclosed guidelines referred to in this Deptt.’s O.M. No.1/6/2011-IR dated 15.04.2013, for implementation of suomotu disclosure under Section 4 of the RTI Act, 2005, which states as follows:-
All Public Authorities shall proactively disclose RTI applications and appeals received and their responses, on the websites maintained by Public Authorities with search facility based on key words. RTI applications and appeals received and their responses relating to the personal information of an individual may not be disclosed, as they do not serve any public interest.
2. Further vide O.M. No.1/1/2013-IR dated 21.10.2014 on the issue of uploading of RTI replies on the respective websites of Ministries / Departments, DoPT had requested that:
RTI applications and appeals received and their responses relating to the personal information of an individual may not be disclosed, if they do not serve any public interest.
3. Now, keeping in view the directions dated 20.11.2013 of Hon’ble High Court of Kolkata in Writ Petition No.33290/2013 in the case of Mr. Avishek Goenka Vs Union of India regarding personal details of RTI applicants, it is clarified that while proactively disclosing RTI applications and appeals received and responses thereto, on their website, the personal details of RTI applicant/appellant should not be disclosed as they do not serve any public interest. It is further clarified that the personal details would include name, designation, address, e-mail id and telephone no. including mobile no. of the applicant.
All Public Authorities
Related to Your Search:
- We can view RTI Replies on the respective website of Ministry/Department
- Securing the Personal information including Aadhar No, in RTI Applications/ Appeals in compliance to Aadhar Act, 2016 and Information Technical Act, 2000
- Personal information under RTI Act
- Duplicity requests on RTI – Dopt advised to upload most often requests on the websites of all Departments
- Dopt Orders – Disclosure of personal information under the RTI Act, 2005
- Information under RTI Act
- Central Government official websites should be updated in Hindi also
- Most of central government department websites lack transparency: CIC audit
- DoE: Appointment of Nodal CPIO for RTI Applications and Appeals