Up gradation of pay scale for Laboratory Technicians working in the DGOF Organisation
No. 50(50)2018-D (Estt/NG)
MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
DEPARTMENT OF DEFENCE PRODUCTION
Subject: Up gradation of pay scale for Laboratory Technicians working in the DGOF Organisation – Clarifications regarding
Refer OFB ID No. 044/01/15/ NIE/PER/M dated 30.07.2018 & 042/BPMS/CAT/ PER/M dated 25.11.2019 on the above mentioned Subject.
2. Clarification/ comments with regard to (i) the review of ACP/ MACP benefits for awarding Grade Pay Rs. 4600 to Laboratory Technicians in OFB Hospitals who has already been awarded ACP-I in the scale of Rs. 5000-8000 corresponding to Grade Pay Rs. 4200 and (ii) grant of Upgraded Pay to Laboratory Technicians who do not possess qualification as per RRs of 2005 have been examined in this Department in consultation with DoP&T and Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance. The clarifications in this respect as provided by the DOPT & concurred in by Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance are as follows
- Two Laboratory Technicians, whose case has been referred to the DOPT, would, be eligible to get their pay fixed as on 01.01.2006 under the CCS(RP) Rules, 2006 initially in PB-2, Grade Pay of Rs. 4200/-, being their replacement scale as they fulfil the eligibility norms under the RRs notified in 2005. Thereafter, as per para ‘5’ of the MACP guidelines, the 1st ACP earned by them in 2001 in the scale of pay of Rs. 5000-8000 (pre-revised) shall be ignored, and they would be entitled to get their pay refixed as on 01.09.2008 on grant of 1st MACP in PB-2, Grade Pay of Rs.4600/- and further grant of 2nd MACP as on 28.04.2009/03.05.2009, on completion of 20 years of service, in PB-2, Grade Pay of Rs. 4800/-, provided they fulfil the other eligibility norms prescribed under DOPT’s OM dated 19.05.2009, as amended from time to time.
- For the remaining 5 Laboratory Technicians, who do not fulfil the eligibility norms prescribed under the revised Recruitment Rules of 2005, the financial upgradation granted under the erstwhile ACP Scheme, if any, in the pre-revised Day scale of RS. 5000-8000 prior to 0.01.2006 or revised pay scale of PB-2, Grade Pay of Rs.4200/- between 01.01.2006 to 30.08.2008, as the case may be, shall be counted against their entitlement of benefits under the MACP scheme w.e.f. 01.09.2008 and they shall be eligible for only 2nd MACP on completion of 20 years of regular service and that too in PB-2, Grade Pay of Rs. 4600/-.
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of India
Dr. P.P, Wadikhaye
Ordnance Factory Board
10-A, Shaheed Khudiram Bose Road,
MOD ID No. 50(50)/2018-D (Estt/NG) dated 17.03.2020
Related to Your Search:
- Revision of Grade Pay of Lab Technicians – GP 4200 effect from 1.1.2006
- Fixation of Pay on promotion/NFS of PSs of CSSS on or after 1.1.2016 who have already availed pay fixation and increment under MACP – DoPT
- DOPT ISSUED CLARIFICATIONS AS FAQ ON MACP SCHEME
- Pay Fixation on MACP as per 6th Pay Commission – Some Illustrations
- Modified Assured Career Progression Scheme for the Central Government Employee Clarification regarding
- MACP Clarification 2021 on same grade in promotional hierarchy
- Clarification regarding Pay fixation on grant of Non-Functional Upgradation to the officers of Organized Group A Services
- Grant of Grade Pay Rs.6600/PB-3 to Nursing personnel i.e. staff Nurses/Nursing Sister/Matron/Chief Matron under 3rd MACP
- 7th CPC recommends that Junior ECG Technicians to get higher grade pay