Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh says, DoPT is fast emerging as key Human Resources Nucleus for Government of India
The Minister was delivering the keynote address on culmination of Good Governance Week (19-25 December 2022) at CSOI Auditorium, Delhi
Posted On: 25 DEC 2022
- In the last 8 Years of Modi Government, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions has become a “Facilitatory Ministry” dedicated to the service of both the personnel and common man.
- Dr Jitendra Singh launched Revamped e-HRMS 2.0 Portal, which will provide the following services in a digital mode to the employees – Transfers (Rotation/Mutual), Deputation, APAR, IPR, iGOT Trainings, Vigilance Status, Deputation Opportunities, Service Book and other basic HR Services like Leave, Tour, Reimbursements etc.
- The compilation of 78 Master Circulars is expected to promote ease and convenience and help the user Departments in expeditiously disposing their HR issues
- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science & Technology; Minister of State (Independent Charge) Earth Sciences; MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh today said, DoPT is fast emerging as key Human Resources Nucleus for Government of India.
Delivering a keynote address on culmination of Good Governance Week (19-25 December 2022) at CSOI Auditorium, Dr Jitendra Singh said, in the last 8 Years of Modi Government, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions has become a “Facilitatory Ministry” dedicated to the service of both the personnel and common man.
Dr Jitendra Singh underlined that the transformative reforms undertaken by DoPT, Department of Pensions and ARPG in the last 8 years brought increased transparency, increased accountability and technology driven changes moving from Timeline to Real time through Dashboard mechanism to follow the ultimate goal of Prime Minister’s Mantra of “Maximum Governance, Minimum Government”.
Paying rich tributes to former Prime Minister, Bharat Ratna, Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee, on whose birth anniversary Good Governance Day is observed, Dr Jitendra Singh said, this year’s event is also special in the sense that we have celebrated the 75th Anniversary of India’s Independence and also assumed the Presidency of G-20 to make a mark on Global Issues and Challenges in years ahead.
Dr Jitendra Singh said, this year’s event is also significant that Mission Karmayogi has graduated to a new level and is now available on Mobile App to learn and engage anytime from anywhere. He also pointed that Mission Karmayogi has also moved to next generation after Prime Minister Modi launched Karmayogi Prarambh module on 22nd November, 2022 during the 2nd edition of Rozgar Mela. The Minister said, the Prarambh module will be of immense help to new entrants into the government service to prepare for future role in a perfect fashion.
Secretary, DoPT, Ms. S Radha Chauhan in her address said that the main aim of all government jobs is to deliver the services to common man with ease and also within time. She said, delivery of services with commitment and in a qualitative manner should remain the guiding principle of all Civil Servants. Ms Chauhan said, Good Governance Day is also an occasion to reiterate this noble resolve of bringing “Ease of Living” for common man.
Secretary, DARPG, Mr V. Srinivas said that the Sushasan Sapth 2022 witnessed the Second Nation-wide campaign for Redressal of Public Grievances and Improving Service Delivery. He said, Prashasan Gaon ki Ore 2022 has witnessed significant progress – 50.79 lac public grievances were redressed, 282 lac service delivery applications were disposed, 863 innovations in governance were documented and 194 Vision [email protected] District level documents uploaded on the GGW22 portal till December 24, 2022.
Earlier Dr Jitendra Singh launched Revamped e-HRMS 2.0 Portal, as the earlier iteration of the e-HRMS was limited in scope, where employees could avail limited services and it was not connected with other HR applications. As a result, the employees were unable to get full benefits of digital service deliveries and seamless connection with HR applications and initiatives of the Govt. The revamped e-HRMS 2.0 Portal will provide the following services in a digital mode to the employees – Transfers (Rotation/Mutual), Deputation, APAR, IPR, iGOT Trainings, Vigilance Status, Deputation Opportunities, Service Book and other basic HR Services like Leave, Tour, Reimbursements etc.
The revamped e-HRMS 2.0 is the first digital system in Govt. of India to provide end-to-end HR Services. Presently, no other Government Service Cadre System in India is as advanced in its reach and applications, as the revamped e-HRMS 2.0. would be with the launch of this system, DoP&T will be moving towards total digitization of HR Services. Revamped e-HRMS 2.0 will save several thousand man-hours and tonns of printing paper. This will also go a long way in improving employee satisfaction, promoting ease of doing/processing HR work and enhancing productivity and transparency in administrative functioning.
The Minister also launched Mobile Application of iGoT Karmayogi Portal by Karmayogi Bharat (SPV) with an aim to create professional, well trained and future ready civil service for India, Mission Karmayogi was launched by the Govt. of India. The iGOT Karmayogi platform is envisaged as a democratised, competency driven solution space that all of the government can access to enhance their execution capabilities.
With this vision, an iGOT-Karmayogi mobile app is also being launched. The app and the platform will allow all government servants, at multiple levels, to undergo continuous training, depending on their domain areas. The app and the platform will provide anytime-anywhere-any-device learning to train about 2 crores users which was hitherto not achievable through traditional measures. On this app, learners can:
- Learn anytime, anywhere, on any device (even offline)
- Upskill themselves with variety of courses for their needs
- Learn directly from top institutes and experts
- Earn certificates and enrich their profile
- Be up-to-date with evolving technology, policy, etc.
- Identify their gaps & needs and upgrade their skills, attitudes and knowledge
- The iGOT-Karmayogi platform app can be downloaded from the google play store or using below link following link:
Dr. Jitendra Singh also launched the Revamped Probity Portal – In 2017, a dedicated online portal (https://probity-dopt.nic.in) was made functional for obtaining the data from all the Ministries/ Departments/ Autonomous Organizations/ Public Sector Banks in respect of following items –
- Review under FR 56(j)/similar provisions
- Number of cases pending for sanction for prosecution
- Implementation of Rotational Transfer Policy – Identification of sensitive posts and number of sensitive posts occupied for more than 3 years
- Number of Major and Minor penalty disciplinary proceedings
- Discontinuation of Interviews for Group ‘B’ (Non-Gazetted)/Group posts.
DoP&T has now completely revamped the existing Probity Portal. The new and revamped Probity Portal and capturing of real-time information using such platform will send a clear signal that ‘non-performance’ and ‘inefficiency’ of the government employees will not be tolerated and that the right attitude towards public service with ‘integrity’ and ‘probity’ are expected from every Government servant.
DoPT has undertaken an extensive exercise of consolidation of instructions issued from time to time related to various aspects of service and made them easily accessible. Accordingly, under 11 major Heads (and relevant sub-heads), the 78 Master Circulars have been made available, which shall be updated in real time basis and will be easily searchable through intelligent search engines. The Master Circulars are being made available through the DoPT website https://dopt.gov.in.
e-Book on Consolidation of Instructions was also unveiled – The Government instructions in the forms of various Office Memorandums and Circulars were available on official website of DoP&T, but it used to be a challenge for the Government officials, Departments, Users and interested citizens to have access to the latest and updated version of the government instructions on HR/ Service/ Pension/ Training related matters
Leave a Reply