Uniform Age concession of 10 years to the Persons with Disabilities for direct recruitment to civil posts/services under the Central Government – Dopt Orders
Grant of age concession to the Persons with Disabilities for direct recruitment to civil posts/services under the Central Government – Dopt Orders
G.I., Dept. of Per. & Trg., O.M.F.No15012/1/2003-Estt.(D), dated 29.6.2015
Subject: Grant of age concession to the Persons with Disabilities suffering from (a) blindness or ow vision, (b) hearing impairment and (c) locomotor disability or cerebral palsy for direct recruitment to civil posts/services under the Central Government.
The undersigned is directed to say that the following age concessions have been provided to physically handicapped persons for recruitment under the Central Government:
(i) Provision of ten years concession in upper age limit for Group C and D posts filled through employment exchanges issued vide O.M.No.15012/6/77-Estt.(D) dated 28.1.1978;
(ii) Provision of five years’ concession in upper age limit (10 years for SC/ST, 8 years for OBC) for recruitment to Group ‘A’ and ‘B’ posts otherwise than through Open Competitive Examination issued vide O.M.No.15012/5/92-Estt.(D) dated 27.7.1995; and
(iii) Provision of ten years concession in upper age limit (15 years for SC/ST, 13 years for OBC) for recruitment to Group A, B, C and D Civil Posts/Services filled through Open Competitive Examination issued vide O.M.No.43019/28/86-Estt.(D) dated 1.2.1999.
2. The question of prescribing uniform age-concession for direct recruitment to all Civil Posts/Services under the Central Government has since been examined and in supersession of the OMs referred to at (i), (ii) and (iii) above, the following has been decided:
Age relaxation of 10 years (15 years for SC/ST and 13 years for OBC candidates) in upper age limit shall be allowed to persons suffering from (a)
blindness or low vision, (b) hearing impairment and (c) locomotor disability or cerebral palsy in case of direct recruitment to all civil posts/services under the Central Government identified suitable to be held by persons with such disabilities, subject to the condition that maximum age of the applicant on the crucial date shall not exceed 56 years.
(ii) The age concession to the persons with disabilities shall be admissible irrespective of the fact whether the post is reserved for person with disabilities or not, provided the post is identified suitable for the relevant category of disability. This provision will not apply to the Civil Services Examination, in respect of which the List of Services Identified suitable for Physically Disabled Category along with’ the Physical Requirements and Functional Classifications is notified separately.
(iii) Relaxation of age limit would be permissible to such persons who have a minimum of 40% disability.
(iv) The definitions of above categories of disabilities, for the purpose of age relaxation, will be same as given in this Department’s O.M. No.
36035/3/2004-Estt(Reservation) dated 29th December 2005.
(v) If a person with disability is entitled to age concession by virtue of being a Central Government employee, concession to him/her will be admissible
either as a ‘person with disability’ or as a ‘Central Government employee’ whichever may be more beneficial to him/her. This provision will not apply to the Civil Services Examination, which is governed by the Civil Services Examination Rules, published annually.
(vi) Provisions of this O.M. will not be applicable to a post/service for which other specific provision regarding age relaxation is made by notification.
3. The Ministries/Departments are advised to ensure invariably that while sending the requisition to the UPSC/SSC and other recruitment agencies for direct recruitment posts by selection, they should clearly mention in the requisition the category of person(s) with disabilities suitable for the post(s) in question. No change or modification in identified post(s) for physically disabled persons with respect to an Examination, intimated after the
Notification of that Examination, shall be acceptable.
4. These instructions come into effect from the date of their issue.
Authority : www.persmin.gov.in
Related to Your Search:
- FAQ on reservations for disabled persons in Central Government posts / services
- DoPT Orders 2019 – Exemption from payment of examination fee and application fee in respect of Persons with Benchmark Disabilities
- Filling up of vacancies reserved for Persons with Disabilities- reg.
- DoPT Reservation for the Persons with Benchmark Disabilities
- Recruitment of Persons with Disabilities in Indian Railway from Open market- Regarding publication of Employment Notices
- Railway: Recruitment of Persons with disabilities from open market; Instructions issued by Railway Board
- Welfare Measures for Persons with Disabilities
- List of Posts Identified Suitable for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities – PIB
- Three per cent quota in government service for the disabled is only for initial appointments not for Promotions-Madras High Court