UFESM expected a date for implementation of OROP – Relay hunger strike continues
Government committed to implement ‘One Rank One Pension’: Manohar Parrikar to ex-servicemen
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar has conveyed the NDA government’s “unequivocal commitment” in implementing ‘One Rank One Pension’ (OROP) when a delegation of ex-servicemen, who are on a strike for past 19 days pressing for its execution, met him.
Not happy with Parrikar’s assurance, the agitating ex-servicemen said the question of ending the protest does not arise without a government announcement on implementing the long-pending demand.
“A six member delegation of United Front of Ex-Servicemen (UFESM) met the Defence Minister last night. Parrikar conveyed unequivocal commitment of the party (BJP)and the government towards implementation of OROP,” said Col (retd) Anil Kaul, spokesman of the Front.
He said Army Chief General Dalbir Singh Suhag was also present at the meeting.
Read more at Economics Times
Related to Your Search:
- Latest news on OROP – Delegates of NeXCC discussing the OROP issue with Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
- One Rank One Pension: Meeting of Military veterans with Parrikar inconclusive, threaten to go on hunger strike
- OROP Latest News : National Ex-servicemen Coordination committee meets Defense Minister 22.4.2015
- One Rank One Pension (OROP) Veterans on fast for full OROP
- Good news soon on One Rank One Pension (OROP): Parrikar
- OROP: 99% pensioners will get benefits by January-end, says Manohar Parrikar
- Expedition Process of OROP
- OROP News: Government to issue notification on One Rank One Pension after Bihar polls – Manohar Parrikar
- Government to issue OROP notification before Diwali says Parrikar