Two additional increments to nursing staff with B.Sc Degree
Railway Board clarification on Admissibility of two additional increments to the Nursing staff possessing B.Sc. Degree after of pay in newly revised pay scales w.e.f. 01.01.96
Ministry of Railways clarification on Admissibility of two additional increments to the Nursing staff possessing B.Sc. Degree
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated 05.02.2016
The General Secretary,
3, Chelmsford Road,
Sub: Admissibility of two additional increments (non-absorbable) to the Nursing staff possessing B.Sc. Degree after of pay in newly revised pay scales w.e.f. 01.01.96.
Ref: NFIR’S letter No. I/11 dated 18-01-2016
With reference to the above quoted letter it may be stated that para 2(a) to 2(c) of Board’s clarificatory letter dated 23-11-2015 is reproduction of para 2(a) to 2(c) of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare’s OM dated 23-3-1988 in verbatim. However, a copy of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare’s OM dated 08-5-1975 and 23-3-1988 are enclosed.
for Secretary, Railway Board
Government of India
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
New Delhi, dt. 8th May, 1975.
Subject:- Recommendations of the Third Pay Commission relating to Nursing Staff- Grant of qualification pay.
The undersigned is directed to say that the Third Pay Commission has recommended vide para 100, Chapter 36 of its Report that Nursing Staff who posses at the time of recruitment or acquire subsequently a degree in Nursing should be granted two advance increments provided they are not required to possess it as a condition of their employment. This recommended has been accepted by Govt. The President is accordingly pleased to decide that Nursing Staff who possess the time of recruitment has been or acquire subsequently a degree in Nursing should be accepted by granted two advance increments provided they are not required to possess the above qualification as a condition of their employment.
2. The above orders would be effective from the date of issue.
UNDER SECRETARY TO THE GOVERNMENT
(10) Grant of additional increments (qualification pay) to Nursing Staff.- The question of grant of additional increments to the Nursing Staff has been under consideration of Government. In supersession of Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure), O.M. No. F. 5 (11)/E. III (A)/75, dated the 8th May, 1975 (not printed), it has been decided to grant additional increment (non-absorbable) to the Nursing Staff working in the Central Government Hospitals/Institutions under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare to the extent indicated below:
1. One increment (non-absorbable) will be granted to the nursing personnel holding the following Post Certificate Diploma of 10 months’ duration or any other 10 months’ Diploma Course designed and approved by the Indian Nursing Council from time to time:-
(i) Diploma in Nursing Education and Nursing Administration.
(ii) Diploma in Psychiatric Nursing.
(iii) Diploma in Paediatric Nursing.
(iv) Diploma in Public Health Nursing.
This will take effect from-
(a) 1-10-1986 to those Nursing Staff in service who possess any of these Diplomas;
(b) the date of appointment to those who possess the Diploma who are recruited after 1-10-1986; and 3 (c) the date of publication of results of the Post Certificate Diploma in Nursing for those in service who acquire the Post Certificate Diploma qualification after 1-10-1986.
2. Two increments\(non-absorbable) will be granted to the Nursing Staff possessing the following qualifications:-
(i) B.Sc. (Hons) Nursing.
B.Sc. Nursing/Post Basic/Post Certificate.
(ii) Postgraduate Degree in Nursing, i.e., Master in Nursing (MSC Nursing).
This will take effect from
(a) 1-10-1986 to those Nursing Staff in service who possess the Degree/Postgraduate Degree in Nursing as on that date;
(b) the date (if appointment to those who possess the Degree/Post-graduate Degree in Nursing qualification, who are recruited after 1-10-1986;
(c) the date of publication of result of the Degree/Postgraduate Degree in Nursing for those in service who acquire the Degree/Postgraduate Degree qualifications after 1-10-1986.
3. Only two additional non-absorbable increments will be admissible to a Nurse in a particular grade where possession of such qualifications are not required as per Recruitment Rules.
4. These increments will be granted, subject to the condition that the concerned Nursing Staff are not required to possess Diploma/Degree/Postgraduate Degree in Nursing indicated at Paras. 1 and 2 above, as a condition of their employment and also that they had not been allowed a higher initial pay on account of their possessing these qualifications prior to on or after 1-10-1986.
5. These orders issue with the concurrence of Department of Personnel and Training and Ministry of Finance vide their Dy. No. 617/88-Pay-I, dated 7-3-1988 and ll62/E. III/88, dated 21-3-1988, respectively.
[G.I., Min. of Health & F.W., O.M. No. Z. 28016/8/87-PMS, dated the 23rd March, l988.]
Related to Your Search:
- Grant of Qualification Pay to Nursing Staff – BPMS
- Grant of two additional increments at revised rates to Nursing Personnel pursuant of revision of pay (7th CPC)
- Revised rates of one/ two additional increments (non-absorbable) to the Nursing Staff under 7th CPC pay structure
- Grant of 2 additional increments at revised rates to Nursing Personnel pursuant of revision of pay (7th CPC)
- Induction training of Engineering Degree/Diploma Holder Compassionate appointees
- Allotment of qualification based pay matrix – ECG Technicians in Railways
- Engagement of Course Completed Act Apprentices as substitutes in Group ‘D’ on Indian Railways
- Group X Pay on 7th Pay Commission Report
- Change in nomenclature of Nursing Staff in CGHS