CGDA Transfer Policy: Sports quota recruits and sports personnel of national and international repute.
OFFICE OF CONTROLLER GENERAL OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS
ULAN BATAR MARG, PALAM, DELHI CANTT – 110010
All PCsDA/CSDA/ and PCA (Fys)
Subject: Transfer Policy: Sports quota recruits and sports personnel of national and international repute.
Transfer Policy guidelines for sports quota recruits have been circulated through HQrs office letter dated 11/8/2015. It states that as teams are not participating in many tournaments, players can be considered for posting to their home States/choice stations. For individual games, sports persons can participate at national/international events as and when organized. The circular further states that sports quota recruits may be considered for posting to their home States/choice stations as per rules and administrative feasibility. All transfer requests of these personnel are allowed to be routed through Volunteer list/normal channel on completion of the prescribed tenure.
2. Since then, various references have been received from individuals who are sports quota appointees. In the meeting of DASCB held on 23/02/17, it has been decided that consultation of DASCB may be obtained for transfer of Sports quota recruits and also other sportsmen of National level and above.
3. Keeping in view the administrative constraints vis-a-vis general transfer policy as well as consultation of DASCB prior to processing transfer requests of sports quota recruits, a need is felt to review the guidelines relating to the- stay at a station by the sports quota individuals and following guideline is framed:
i. Sports quota recruit and sportsperson of national and international repute may be recommended by the DASCB for posting to their home State they representing at national or international level for a period of ten years from their date of appointment or till they attain the age of 35, years’ subject to administrative feasibility. However, they have to [submit a duly authenticated certificate from the state sports authority concerned to their controlling authority, on annual basis, in support of their sporting activities undertaken by them during the year and same will be examined by the DASCB for their recommendation for retention at the same state or transfer to any other place at par with others. Similarly, if a sports person becomes coach of national or international level team after active sport age, his/her transfer request will also be examined in a similar manner.
ii. After completion of above stipulated period, the sports quota recruits/other sportsmen of National/International level, will be treated at par with other employees of the Department in the matter of transfers.
iii. The cases of these sports personnel who are presently serving at stations other than the state whom they are representing in their sporting career, may also be considered, in terms of above guidelines subject to administrative feasibility.
iv. It has also been decided that the PCsDA/CsDA will be assigned the teams of a particular sport/discipline. The PCsDA/CsDA will be responsible for nurturing and grooming of their respective teams.
v. Further, the performance of sports persons will also be closely monitored on quarterly basis to ensure that there is no dip in their performance. The recommendation will be sent to DASCB periodically for monitoring purpose at their level.
vi. These individuals will also have to participate / represent team DAD as and when called for doing so including attending of training/preparatory camp for duration/location as fixed by the “DASCB: or PCDA/CDA concerned.
vii. The transfer request forwarded to HQrs office on sports ground must be supported with annual certificate as mentioned in. para 3 (i) and quarterly report as mentioned in para 3 (v) above. These requests are to be examined by DASCB and forwarded to Admin Section concerned with their recommendations.
4. The guidelines contained in para 3 above are meant; to guide the exercise of transfer of sports quota recruits and sports personnel of national and international level to the extent administratively feasible. These guidelines are not intended to create any entitlement of any kind.
Related to Your Search:
- Relaxation of sports Achievements – Recruitment of sports quota for 2020-2021 in the Talent Scouting Category
- Transfer of sports persons recruited against sports quota from one Railway/ Unit/ Division to another Railway/ Unit/ Division: Railway Board Order RBE No. 58/2014
- 7th CPC special increment to Central Government Servants for participation in sporting of national or international
- Guidelines for conduct of 44th KVS National Sports Meet-2013
- Recruitment under Sports Quota in the Armed Forces
- Sports Ministry revises Guidelines for Appointment of Government Observers for various Sports Disciplines
- Recruitment of sportspersons against sports quota
- Make Sports a Compulsory Subject in Schools and give marks for it: Sports Minister Vijay Goel
- Recruitment of sportspersons against Sports Quota and out-of-turn promotion to Railway sportspersons on sports account-modification/changes in policy : RBE No. 98/2016