Train Travel Concession for Disabled Persons
Indian Railways grant concession to four categories of disabled persons in extreme cases i.e. (i) Orthopedically Handicapped/Paraplegic persons who cannot travel without escort (ii) Mentally Retarded persons who cannot travel without escort (iii) Completely Blind persons travelling alone or with escort and (iv) Totally Deaf and Dumb persons (both afflictions together in the same person) travelling alone or with escort. One escort is also granted same concession. Concessions are granted at stations on surrendering the copy of prescribed disability certificate.
No age limit has been prescribed for eligibility of concession in the case of disabled persons. Indian Railways grant concessions to disabled persons on production of prescribed disability certificate irrespective of age.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways Shri Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Indian Railways Extends Concession in Fare to 50 Categories of Travellers
- Facilities to Differently Abled at Government Offices
- Railway Concessions, Reservation Quota and Other FACILITIES EXTENDED TO PERSONS WITH DISABILITY
- Travelling Allowance in respect of Attendant/Escort for accompanying a Government Servant with Disabilities on travel during tour/training
- FACILITIES EXTENDED TO HANDICAPPED PERSONS IN RESPECT OF RESERVATION IN TRAINS
- Railway Reservation for Physically Challenged made easier
- Major Concessions granted to different categories of persons on Indian Railways
- Allotment of berths under physically handicapped quota – Railway Board Order
- Travelling Allowance Rules – Production of receipts vouchers for reimbursement of Travelling charges for travel within the city admissible under Daily Allowance on tour