Railway Board Circular on reservation of quota for Senior Citizens, Female passengers 45 years of age and above and
Railway Board Circular on Earmarking of Reservation Quota for Women and Senior Citizens in Sleeper, 2AC and 3AC coaches.
Ministry of Railways has issued a circular earmarking the revised Reservation Quota for Women and Senior Citizens.
Government of India (Bharat Sarkar)
Ministry of Railways (Rail Mantralaya)
No. 2012/TG-I/20/P/Lower Berth
New Delhi, dated 23.03.2016
Chief Commercial Managers,
All Zonal Railways.
(Commercial Circular No. 14 of 2016)
Sub:Earmarking of Reservation Quota for Women and Senior Citizens.
Please refer to this office letter of even No. dated 18.04.2007 (CC No.40 of 2007) wherein instructions were issued for earmarking of combined quota of two lower berths per coach in Sleeper, AC-3 Tier and AC-2 Tier classes for following category of passengers while travelling alone:-
a. Senior Citizens;
b. Female passengers 45 years of age and above; and
c. Pregnant women.
1.1 The above said. quota in Sleeper class was enhanced to four lower berths per coach vide Commercial Circular No. 51 of 2015 issued on 31.08.2015. No change was, however, made in this quota in 3AC and 2AC classes.
2.Keeping in view the announcement made in the Railway Budget for the financial year 2016-17 regarding enhancement of this quota, the matter has been examined and it has been decided to enhance the above said quota as under:-
|Class||No. of Lower Berths per coach|
3. It has also been decided that in Rajdhani, Duronto and fully Air Conditioned/Express trains, the number of lower berths to be earmarked under this quota in 3AC class should be 4 lower berths per coach as against 3 lower berths per coach in case of normal Mail/Express trains.
4. Necessary action may be taken accordingly to define this quota from ARP or no booking date whichever is earlier which in no case should be later than 01.09.2016.
Director Passenger Marketing
Source : Railway Board
Related to Your Search:
- NFIR – Earmarking of reservation quota for women
- Enhancement of Combined Reservation Quota of lower berths for Senior Citizens and Female Passengers
- Reservation Facilities Provided to Senior Citizen and Female Passengers Including Pregnant Women
- Railways – 50 Percent Concession for Male senior citizens and 40 Percent Concession for Lady senior citizens
- Tatkal Booking Timings Change – Online Booking Passengers Pleased
- Allotment of berths under physically handicapped quota – Railway Board Order
- Railway Reservation for Physically Challenged made easier
- Provision of seats for TTEs/Conductors
- 40% concession in passenger fare to Transgender Senior Citizens whose age are 60 and above