DPC for Promotion – Timely promotions of officers can be achieved through strict adherence to the timelines prescribed in the Model Calendar for submission of DPC proposals.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pension
Department of Personnel & Training
North Block, New Delhi
Subject: Timely and advance action in convening of Departmental Promotion Committee meeting in terms of Model Calendar – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to state that with a view to having the approved select panels for promotion ready in advance in a time-bound manner, this Department has been impressing upon adherence of time schedule for convening meetings of DPCs. The Cadre Controlling Authorities are accordingly required to follow the Model Calendars for DPC issued in OM No. 22011/4/2013-Estt.(D) dated 08.05.2017, so as to ensure that the panel is ready in time, and is utilized, as and when the vacancies arise during the course of the vacancy year.
- Cabinet Secretariat has drawn attention to the observations of the Department related Parliamentary Standing Committee on Personnel, Public Grievances, Law and Justice, that there has been an inordinate delay in the constitution of the DPC and that delay in holding of DPCs results in deprivation of timely promotion to the eligible candidates. It has also been brought to the notice that Ministries/Departments were not submitting DPC proposals to UPSC on time, causing delay in timely convening of DPCs meetings.
- The objective of timely promotions of officers can be achieved through strict adherence to the timelines prescribed in the Model Calendar for submission of DPC proposals.
- Accordingly, all the Ministries/Departments are, therefore, once again requested to ensure strict compliance of instructions in order to achieve the desired objectives of timely convening of DPCs/preparation of approved select panels within the prescribed time frame.
Related to Your Search:
- Timely and advance action in convening of Departmental Promotion Committee meeting in terms of Model Calendar
- Timely and advance action in convening of DPC meeting in terms of Model Calendar: DoPT
- Central Government paves way for employees timely promotions
- Model Calendar for the Departmental Promotion Committees – Dopt Orders
- Furnishing DPC proposal to the UPSC in a time bound manner as laid down in DOPT OM dated 24.03.2011- Dopt orders
- Procedure to be observed by the Departmental Promotion Committees (DPCs) – Model Calendar for DPCs – Relevant year up to which APARs are to be considered and Model Calendar for conducting DPCs
- Timely and advance action in filling up of the Direct Recruitment (DR) vacancies
- Retired Government Employees Can Now Avail Benefits Of Missed Promotions
- Questions on New System for Promotion – Loksabha Q & A